Roads well suited for a cruise in a Mustang

GoTime

BooWho?
Established Member
Just returned from a 3700 mile round trip vacation up in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia and I kept continually commenting to my better half that some of the roads we were traveling sure would be fun in the Mustang.

Here are a few pics ...

capebret1.jpg

capebretmustang.jpg

... and a few roads we were glad we didn't bring the Mustang(lol)

capebretroad1.jpg

capebretroad2.jpg

Maybe this can be a picture thread about roads worthy of a cruise in a Mustang.

newsig-svt.jpg

____________________Click here for modification details____________________

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Some of those roads would definitely not be fun with your prized Mustang. LOL! But those first couple of photos showcase your awesome curvy roads and gorgeous countryside.

Badasp5.0

Established Member
d6f0671a.jpg

This is the Road leading to Sandia Peak the Mountian right next to Albuquerque. Its a ton of fun!

nm10.jpg

Sandia Crest Road climbs nearly 4,000 feet as it travels through the high desert and dense forests of the Sandia Mountains. The byway switchbacks up the mountain to 10,678-foot Sandia Crest where observation platforms provide spectacular panoramic views. Come nightfall, visitors are treated to a beautiful display of Albuquerque's twinkling city lights.

Last edited:

Neverbdonegt

Established Member
My favorite stretch of road so far is blood mountain in north ga just outside of Hellen ga. I like it better than even the dragon because it's two lanes going up the mountain going up with big sweeping banked corners and did I mention it's two lanes going up so no getting stuck behind the slow cars going up it. The ride from Cherokee nc to gatlinburg tn is BEAUTIFUL also just heavily congested but it's Probally prettier scenery than blood mountain just not as good a road. Here's a decent video of blood mountain I found on YouTube. Makes me miss my k7 gixxer 1000 every time I watch this shit.. lol
Sportbike run up Blood Mountain - YouTube

GoTime

BooWho?
Established Member
Some of those roads would definitely not be fun with your prized Mustang. LOL! But those first couple of photos showcase your awesome curvy roads and gorgeous countryside.

Have to make a trip back out there solely devoted to asphalt CobraBob. Lol!
Many years ago the wife and I drove up the west coast from San Francisco to Semiahmoo Resort in Blaine Washington. Spectacular is what I remember.

This is the Road leading to Sandia Peak the Mountian right next to Albuquerque. Its a ton of fun!

Awesome.:beer:

Nothing wrong with that either. Not kidding.:burnout:

sidewinderl

Established Member
This is the area they hold the 100 Acre Wood Rally stage of Rally America.

[youtube_browser]gELnnIzF2oE[/youtube_browser]

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
421 the snake, from Boone, NC to Bristol, TN. nice stretch of road

"the Hellbender" in NC. hwy 28 in Fontana Village, NC. connects to the "Dragon"

hwy 226A in NC, just south of Little Switzerland, NC. It has a nickname, can't remember it, badass curves

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread