RIP Richard Wright(Pink Floyd)

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
just heard this on the radio a few minutes ago. R.I.P.

Floyd has always been my in my top 3 favorite bands of all time. I'm actually going to see Australian Pink Floyd in a couple months. Saw them last year and they were amazing. They NAILED Darkside of the Moon. Sounded as good as the original. I guess theyre doing The Wall this year, I cant wait.

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
Oh man.. :( R.I.P.
Pink's post Syd Barrett, "Ummagumma" is my all time favorite Floyd LP. I had the Euro version..... soft cover version of the album.
Funny, Pink Floyd and members never took drugs. I know, it's hard to believe.
.....Keith Richards will outlive everybody....
Party on Garth!
Jeff

Edit:
http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/store/artist/album/0,,146647,00.html

Last edited:

65x2

Resident Hippie
Established Member
Bummer, fantastic amazing band. Talented folks. RIP

Like said above though, saw the Australlian Pink Floyd at the Fox... what a show.

oldmodman

Established Member
Funny, Pink Floyd and members never took drugs. I know, it's hard to believe.
http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/store/artist/album/0,,146647,00.html

But everyone else on the tour sure did!

I was lucky enough to be a roadie with Britannia Row Sound during the Pink Floyd Animals tour and it was absolutely incredible. That was when they were heavy into special effects during the show. Helium balloons of the pigs, the giant round projection screen over the stage (it was hell to set up in the wind), tons of smoke machines, and over 200K watts of sound. And a very mellow crowd. No fights or stage rushing, no roided stupid security goons, no cops. Ahh, the good old days of rock and roll.

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
But everyone else on the tour sure did!

I was lucky enough to be a roadie with Britannia Row Sound during the Pink Floyd Animals tour and it was absolutely incredible. That was when they were heavy into special effects during the show. Helium balloons of the pigs, the giant round projection screen over the stage (it was hell to set up in the wind), tons of smoke machines, and over 200K watts of sound. And a very mellow crowd. No fights or stage rushing, no roided stupid security goons, no cops. Ahh, the good old days of rock and roll.
You must of had a great time.
You sure the balloons weren't filled with Nitrous Oxide? :poke:
I play at bars and places to this day. You have to prop this 53 year old fart up. :)
img071111gs7.jpg

Guess who? LoL! I fill glasses up that look like drinks. No alcohol..
Jeff

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I thought Barrett went nuts because of all the drugs he took, and they eventually had to let him go.:shrug:

RIP Wright.

Pink Floyd is way before my time, but they are still a favorite among people my age. That just shows how great their music really was, it's timeless.

01VNMS4v

T-E-X-A-S!!
Established Member
now that is sad news, i luv that band

Richard Wright
15 Sep 2008
The family of Richard Wright, founder member of Pink Floyd, announce with great sadness, that Richard died today after a short struggle with cancer.

The family have asked that their privacy is respected at this difficult time.

Richard Wright
Born 28 July 1943 (65)

pink_floyd_circle.jpg

Last edited:

Stroszek

Goes to 11
Established Member
RIP Richard. You guys were like royalty to me! Your music was a big part of my life and I consider myself privileged to have experienced it.

Shine on!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread