RIP Jimmy Buffett

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
He was an elitist. Required proof of Vax to see his concerts. Had a chain of restaurants serving mediocre burgers selling his paraphernalia. Enjoying capitalism to the fullest. Flaming liberal that couldn't just shut up and sing. Had all his music, threw it out years ago.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
You need to separate the art from the artist^.
Like Sid said I never cared for him until I got older. A pirate looks at forty is a great song.

Coosawjack

Established Member
He was an elitist. Required proof of Vax to see his concerts. Had a chain of restaurants serving mediocre burgers selling his paraphernalia. Enjoying capitalism to the fullest. Flaming liberal that couldn't just shut up and sing. Had all his music, threw it out years ago.
Amen Brother.......his MIC DROP STUNT finished me off.....GOODBYE!!:mad:

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
The appeal of his music is something I never understood. Who did he focus on? Older people sitting on a beach smoking dope or another demographic?

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
"PARROT HEADS"...whoever they are??:unsure:

Ones I heard of were older white libs. Mostly women, a few dudes. My guess is they were teachers, profs, clothing, designers, administrators, and artists. Looks that way too.

IMG_8742.jpeg

tistan

Established Member
You need to separate the art from the artist^.
Like Sid said I never cared for him until I got older. A pirate looks at forty is a great song.
No the artist needs to separate their politics from their music. I read A Pirate Looks at Forty in the late 90s. From his book, I would have never guessed Buffet was a flaming lib until he used his platform to push his leftist views.

tistan

Established Member
Last edited:

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
****ing skin cancer man.
Wild how a mole or nodule can look so minor but can quickly kill ya if you don't recognize that's it malignant early.

Don't care about his politics, but god I hated how much his songs were overplayed living in SFL.

RIP

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
****ing skin cancer man.
Wild how a mole or nodule can look so minor but can quickly kill ya if you don't recognize that's it malignant early.

Don't care about his politics, but god I hated how much his songs were overplayed living in SFL.

RIP
I'm sure you know, but go to Key West.

Users who are viewing this thread