Rimac vs GP KTM vs supercharged Busa

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Posting this because I'm blown away at how fast that GP KTM is. Obviously GP bikes are fast and peak performance and technology for motorcycles, but for it to perform the way it did against the quickest production car in the world and trap mid 8s in the 1/4 is ridiculous. My question is what are GP bikes making for hp these days? I feel like that is a significant jump in performance to previous years.

bullitt2735

Established Member
250-300hp but motogp bikes are incredibly light these days I think the minimum is 346lbs so 500lbs with rider make for an incredibly fast bike/hp/weight ratio also that guy can ride! incredibly impressed with how he launched that thing!

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
250-300hp but motogp bikes are incredibly light these days I think the minimum is 346lbs so 500lbs with rider make for an incredibly fast bike/hp/weight ratio also that guy can ride! incredibly impressed with how he launched that thing!
That’s about 60lbs lighter then half liter bikes from the 80’s

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
The Rimac showed over 350kmh which is 217mph and the KTM was mostly ahead the entire time through the half mile so the KTM was keeping that same speed possibly, and probably explains why his rear end was starting to sway. Love how he said he felt the rearend getting loose but made sure to stay in it at 200+mph lol.

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
That hayabusa ran like crap for what it was.

Definitely did. Given how fast the other two were I'm wondering whether it could have even kept up anyways. On one of the roll races he hooked up fairly early but it still wasn't even close. With that KTM surely having TCS and AW settings it was at a huge advantage.

robvas

Established Member

Capable of at least a 9.38 @ 163 on a prepped surface.

Those channels use what some dusty ass air strip or something for their videos? Nothing but AWD cars seem to launch decently.

I think I sold my 99 Busa for like $6500? Goddamn I should have kept that thing.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member

Capable of at least a 9.38 @ 163 on a prepped surface.

Those channels use what some dusty ass air strip or something for their videos? Nothing but AWD cars seem to launch decently.

I think I sold my 99 Busa for like $6500? Goddamn I should have kept that thing.

They did say he was running into the 9s in their test so technically he was running close to what he was running at the track minus a few tenths.

DiB14-SAFD

Established Member
What stood out to me in that video was how boring the Rimac looked. The thing is running 8’s with almost 2k hp and the driver is spending more time watching the bike next to him than focusing on the road. It just looked so mundane. I am sure that the first few times in that thing are a blast(note the excitement of the Moto GP guy) but long term it just seems to easy.

ajaf1656

Established Member
Simon Crafar has mentioned they are 300hp a few times in recent years.
It’s also important to note that Dani Pedrosa is 5’3” 112lbs. There’s a reason he suffered more injuries than any rider in the modern era.
I think he was the reason they raced 800cc bikes there for a minute. They really wanted him to be the next big thing, but it never materialized.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
i didn't post anything about it...the bike is INSANE...its like a 200hp dirt bike for the street.

Have you put any thought into the MV Agusta Brutale? I drool over the Series Oro which was limited and cost around $40k but the new Brutale is basically the same thing and they make about 208hp. Their bikes are some of the best looking out there.

ajaf1656

Established Member
Would have been a lot funnier and achieved the same result if they had this Hayabusa there...
ca548e9d1dbd3a87357d234d3ab4665f.jpeg

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member

Should have had that Busa there

Fast as hell, but still on a prepped track though. I'd have to assume a GP bike could drop a couple tenths at the dragstrip from where it was in the video. Just shows how far the technology is ahead in racing.

I remember back in the early 2000s there was a video I watched, like Modern Marvel's maybe, and it was covering cars and motorcycle and the one thing that stuck out to me was that they stated motorcycle technology is about 10 years ahead of vehicles in how it trickles down from the racing side to the production side. So in about a decade the top sport bikes on the market will perform like that GP bike.

Users who are viewing this thread