Rim/Tire Help a Noobie

thehunterooo

Established Member
So I am pretty new when it comes to aftermarket rims/tires, I am not completely clueless but I really do not know much. I am looking to do a lightweight build so I am looking to shave some weight but nothing crazy.

Looking for a cheap lightweight rim. Can't decide on size, I think 19" would work. I think you need 19"+ for PP brakes (I have non PP so normal brakes and 18" stockers)? I was thinking about adding PP brakes or some larger brakes later on so I would like to accommodate them without having to change rims again. As for the other dimensions and the tires I really do not know what is good, my car is a DD and might visit the 1/4 eventually. Would be nice to have a little more traction when dry and still be safe in the heavy rain.

I was also thinking about getting the OEM spare donut, I do not like the possibility of having to get towed if I cant fix it on the side of the road, but if I get the PP brakes the donut couldn't fit up front so I am not sure on a solution. Might just have to stick with the regular brakes in the end (would be lighter too I guess).

dntalman

Yella Terra
Established Member
Usually cheap and lightweight do not belong in the same sentence. If you want a lightweight wheel combo in that size, you will have to go True Forged, CCW, or Forgeline. I have had great success with True Forged wheels. You can also save money and buy used on SVTP. Most of the people selling parts on SVTP are honest. Check their member feedback. Good feedback means they can be trusted to tell you the truth about the parts they sell.

thehunterooo

Established Member
Thank you for the responses! I will def take a look at those. Thus far I have the MRR M350s on my list as I like the 350 rims and the sizes/weight seem to be what I want, though with tires it would be around $2500-3000. I like the GTPP rims as well and a new(er) set seems to run a bit over a grand but they are very heavy.

thehunterooo

Established Member
IMG_0089.JPG
IMG_0091.JPG
IMG_0093.JPG

And a failed 0-60 test lol

IMG_7521.JPG

Zodiac

Established Member
Car looks great. Love the MRR GT350 wheels on the CO. Looks like our cars aren't identical anymore lol.

Users who are viewing this thread