Rim choices driving me nuts

Rygy04

SVT
Established Member
Fellas....

First off I know there are tons of Rim threads on here and I have viewed enough to make me sick... so bare with me here.

There are so many rim options that look good on our Shelby's even with our brake clearance's etc... it is driving me nuts.

I am not a huge rim guy meaning that I don't think I want chrome 20's (at least up-front) and 19's are a pain because the only DR I can find to run with a 19 are the MT 305's.

I know I want black with chrome lip of a sort....

I plan on sticking with 18's because of performance (Bumpy roads in my hometown) and I have my tires picked out.

-255/45/18 BFG KDW II's up front (Dead sexy tire and from first hand Corvette experience they stick great)

-285-40-18 NT05R's out back (This way I won't have to gear up and will still provide a good stick) Hell the MT 305's are only a hair wider than the 285 NT05R's anyway....

Is there any pictures with our cars sitting on the FRPP M-1007-S1895B1?

2007 BLACK MUSTANG SVT WHEEL WITH MACHINED LIP | Part Details for M-1007-S1895B1* | Ford Racing Performance Parts

Tousley has them for about 180$ which seems like a great price.

Opinions? Other options for black machined lip rim.

I am willing to go 19 up front and 20 outback but I know that would probably require gearing. Plus I am lowering the rear this spring.

fullboogie

Established Member
Steve - I sure wish you would do something about that website of yours. It's nearly the worst one I've ever had to navigate. I'm trying to see what the Mach 5's look like, but can't even figure out how to find a listing of rims on your site. All I get is a "Gallery Menu" tab and lots of flash player stuff with a white Corvette.

Rygy04

SVT
Established Member
I would def. be interested in them.

Shall I send ya a PM.

Pics/Price through my email would be the best.

bpodner

My work car!
Established Member
Steve - I sure wish you would do something about that website of yours. It's nearly the worst one I've ever had to navigate. I'm trying to see what the Mach 5's look like, but can't even figure out how to find a listing of rims on your site. All I get is a "Gallery Menu" tab and lots of flash player stuff with a white Corvette.

Ditto!!! I get a head ache every time I try to use their website.

athlon551

Established Member

I too have great difficulty with the site as well....

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member

if you click on the gallery menu tab a huge drop down tab appears

IA Shelby

Established Member

I agree. I think Steve is a stand up guy but every time I think about looking a TF wheels and I have to navigate through that site I just curse out loud.

I would fire the web development company in a nano second.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Steve

Funny I went on the site today as well. Looking at the Competitions, PITA, to navigate. Yes I used the drop downs.

Edit - own on my iPad, much easier than then PC.

Last edited:

Rygy04

SVT
Established Member
Have you considered painting your stock wheels and have money left over for mods?

I have considered that. I like the idea of having a spare set with tires if I decide to have a a road track ready setup. I've only road tracked it once so-far but have plans to more often. Plus I can sell my stockers and come out about the same price as getting a new set. I'm really like the frpp's mentioned on the OP but have yet to see them on a stang of any sort.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
i think its actually more phone friendly.

And therein lies the problem! This is the age of e-commerce. Very few people want to be on the phone to conduct business. We want to do it online and be done with it. I can only imagine the amount of business you're throwing away only because your website sucks so badly.

I've visited it a few times, and like others, have to cuss out loud when trying to find anything. And then I ask myself how the heck anybody is getting the right wheels for their cars when there's not even a vehicle application section.

I guess we can pinpoint the "talkers" and social butterflies by looking for people with TF wheels. Haha Everybody else doesn't want to waste time yacking on the phone like a woman. ;) I wouldn't mind a nice set of your wheels, but the process seems too irritating and time consuming. Can't even get pricing.

Marty Staggs

Twin Boost
Established Member
I agree. I think Steve is a stand up guy but every time I think about looking a TF wheels and I have to navigate through that site I just curse out loud.

I would fire the web development company in a nano second.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Same here :shrug:

Marty Staggs

Twin Boost
Established Member
The problem with stock wheels are that they are so damn heavy!
My fronts (with ties) weigh 58 pounds each!
I know the rears are even heavier with the 305/40's on them.

I too am having a hard time deciding on some new wheels.

IA Shelby

Established Member
The problem with stock wheels are that they are so damn heavy!
My fronts (with ties) weigh 58 pounds each!
I know the rears are even heavier with the 305/40's on them.

I too am having a hard time deciding on some new wheels.

The base wheels and tires clock in around 62!

Users who are viewing this thread