Restore or buy new?

• Restore the Cub Cadet

Votes: 18 35.3%
  • Buy a new one

Votes: 33 64.7%

• Total voters

trottlebody

Established Member
A ride on is a must have for my yard. To give you an idea of the size, it takes me about 2 hours to finish. If you get one I suggest one with a really comfortable seat or some sort of suspension. The original mower I used had no suspension/springs on the seat, ive been using that one until two weeks ago (Almost the same as the one Forrest Gump used) the thing would jarr my internal organs to the point after the first hour I had to take breaks (Yes the year im mowing is that rough in some spots). If your dads is comfortable restore it if not I would get something else.

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
i fail to see how a lawn tractor is cool, or fun.

now a real tractor is fun. put a heavy bush hog on the back of that bitch, pop the clutch, and see how long you can ride a wheelie... THAT is fun.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
i fail to see how a lawn tractor is cool, or fun.

now a real tractor is fun. put a heavy bush hog on the back of that bitch, pop the clutch, and see how long you can ride a wheelie... THAT is fun.

Can't get far on the tractor unless the choppers are on it.

But I did get 182' on the backhoe.

670 of 4993

Head Colostomizer
Established Member
get a new one, i love my ferris

060708_12381.jpg

boosted306

Established Member
I cut my lawn with a 52'' Scag walk behind. It does a fantastic job and will improve the quality of your lawn. I would buy a commercial mower. You can buy one used for about the price of a new lawn tractor. Well worth the investment.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
Get a zero radius if you can afford it. John deer makes good products but there are a lot of good mowers out there. From doing it professionally for a couple years, i picked up a few things. For a residential place like you probably have, a mower will last a long time. A lot of big zero radius mowers are for commercial use so they can take a beating.

SeankySnake

Established Member
John Deere FTW,That will be my next mower! For know i have a yard machine,It works good to cut my1.2 acres but JD is a nice mower.

:rockon:Hell Yeah John Deere all the way! I work for a John Deere dealership have you decided if you are going to get a Zero Turn or a regular riding mower?

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
buy a new one. They have come a long way in 12 years lol.

ya, he could have the best of both worlds, a NEW tractor made BY CubCadet. My friend has one, they are still shaft driven and I think the brand new ones even have power steering? I just got a new Craftsman, its pretty nice. Does what we need and thats cut grass every other week and haul loads of yard brush.

PROCHRGD01

Established Member
I bought a slightly used John Deere GX345 a couple of years ago. Hydraulic deck, power steering, liquid cooled 20hp Kawasaki engine. Everything is easy to work on, plus it's built like a tank. Also pretty fast at 7 mph. John Deere FTW!

Last edited:

Matt S

FLY USMC
Established Member
John Deere makes some awesome lawnmowers. That will be my first choice if I go new, but I think I'm going to rebuild the old one. They look badass restored. Check out this bad boy...
cubcadett.jpg

Matt S

FLY USMC
Established Member
:rockon:Hell Yeah John Deere all the way! I work for a John Deere dealership have you decided if you are going to get a Zero Turn or a regular riding mower?

I thought at first by "zero turn" everybody was referring to the John Deere tractors that the back wheels turn as well as the front. I want an actual tractor because I intend to have land someday and I will need it for more than just cutting grass.

Moparkidd

can i get a check 1,2 uhh
Established Member
buy a new one dude. i dont see why you think belt diven ones are lame, being since you havent owned one. i have had my john eere 325 which has hydraulic lift and drive. The whole system is ranby a belt and i still havent changed the belt on it after 10 years. that and the thing has never went in for warranty work or had any problems which required service. I use it alot to, i plow snow with it and all kind of yard bs.

+1 we also have a john deere, hydraulic lift deck and drive. never changed the belt in about 6 years, (only owned it 6 years) all we ever do is change the oil, oil filter and fuel filter. get a new one.

BM1

Established Member
Meh... Pick up a 4100 series 4X4 Deere with a PTO drive pull behind mower and be done with it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread