Rich WOT tune and nitrous

XXWildCoyoteXX

Established Member
Been thinking this over and wanted to see what all yall had to say about it.
Ill be getting my Mach tuned here pretty soon. Did a H122 swap, fingers crossed for a modest low 600 end result. Im looking to leave my nitrous system on the car for some of them risky races i'm not sure about. Now my last blower tune the guy had a nice rich WOT due to my stock block and my Vortech blower was already over the block limits. AKA bringing the power down to a much safer lvl.

My question about the nitrous. Can I run a smaller Fuel pill due to the Rich WOT tune. Example, say I run a 100 nitrous pill and a 75 fuel or maybe a 50 fuel pill. (forgive me, I dont have the exact pill numbers)

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
Why would you purposely put a super rich tune in your car? If you're spraying wet put a good motor tune in the car and spray the proper jets when you want to.
It's like you're trying to combine a wet and dry kit at the same time here.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
NOS companies do hours of painstaking research to mate the correct fuel and nitrous jets on wet kits for their advertised HP shots, I wouldn't mess with that portion, I'd be more concerned with overall fuel volume under WOT. You have a Mach so I'm guessing a single aftermarket pump with a BAP?

XXWildCoyoteXX

Established Member
Why would you purposely put a super rich tune in your car? If you're spraying wet put a good motor tune in the car and spray the proper jets when you want to.
It's like you're trying to combine a wet and dry kit at the same time here.

It wasnt a super rich tune just enough that the possibility of it going lean wouldnt happen. I was just told he left it a little fat at WOT for insurance.
With the fuel pills, it was just a thought. Wasn't sure if the Shot would add to much fuel that would make it a problem.

XXWildCoyoteXX

Established Member
NOS companies do hours of painstaking research to mate the correct fuel and nitrous jets on wet kits for their advertised HP shots, I wouldn't mess with that portion, I'd be more concerned with overall fuel volume under WOT. You have a Mach so I'm guessing a single aftermarket pump with a BAP?

I was just told that he left it a little fat when in WOT for added insurance so no lean conditions could have the opportunity to come up.
I had a complete termi tank and pumps. Now i have a return lethal kit and dual 465 pumps for the new setup.
It was just something I was wondering. Not sure if I would over do the fuel being added during the shot, thats all.

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
You could log afr at the top but I'm guessing it's not excessively rich. I would run the suggested fuel jets. Read the plugs.

Users who are viewing this thread