Revolution Automotive another 500hp N/A car

Black5slow

Established Member
Picked my car up a few weeks ago from Revolution Automotive I had some suspension work done along with installing ported heads. My goal has been to be in the 500hp n/a club. We finally made it happen car made 522/421 on e85. Just want to say thanks to Ronnie, Bradlee the best lil parts guy in the biz, Adam and Mike for all his moral support. They are a great bunch of guys who do amazing work. The car pulls like a freight train up top. Adams tunes are second to none car drives and runs like stock but when you step on it its a whole new animal. I could not be happier with the car now. Im sure ill be back down sooner than later though!

Mods:
Cobra jet setup
Rev Auto 5" intake
American Racing 1 7/8 longtubes
Catless x pipe
Magnaflow competition exhaust
Comp stage 3 cams
Ported heads
1pc D/S
Heavy ass AM wheels and drag radials
Suspension stuff
Rev Auto tune FTW!

06Bluerex

Established Member
thats a very nice setup, how much of that do you think you gained from the port heads alone? i remember you making 490 before the heads and without e85.

Black5slow

Established Member
thats a very nice setup, how much of that do you think you gained from the port heads alone? i remember you making 490 before the heads and without e85.
Made 491/403 before the heads Made 511/413 on pump with heads. Almost same temp only diff was the day it was dynoed with the heads it was more humid.

IDWALKU

RecordBreakinBrad
Established Member
The last time the car was at the shop it was in bad air and the car made 486 with "1" degree worse air and 20 percent more humidity the car made 513 SAE with octane booster (because his pump gas was not the greatest in the world) and 522 SAE on E85

I will post up some graphs but in cooler air she will definitely make more.

Love,
Greatest Parts Guy In The World

Black5slow

Established Member
The last time the car was at the shop it was in bad air and the car made 486 with "1" degree worse air and 20 percent more humidity the car made 513 SAE with octane booster (because his pump gas was not the greatest in the world) and 522 SAE on E85

I will post up some graphs but in cooler air she will definitely make more.

Love,
Greatest Parts Guy In The World
Thanks buddy i cant wait to see what it will do with the clutch and some welds...id upload the graphs but im stupid and dont know how.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
Picked my car up a few weeks ago from Revolution Automotive I had some suspension work done along with installing ported heads. My goal has been to be in the 500hp n/a club. We finally made it happen car made 522/421 on e85. Just want to say thanks to Ronnie, Bradlee the best lil parts guy in the biz, Adam and Mike for all his moral support. They are a great bunch of guys who do amazing work. The car pulls like a freight train up top. Adams tunes are second to none car drives and runs like stock but when you step on it its a whole new animal. I could not be happier with the car now. Im sure ill be back down sooner than later though!

Mods:
Cobra jet setup
Rev Auto 5" intake
American Racing 1 7/8 longtubes
Catless x pipe
Magnaflow competition exhaust
Comp stage 3 cams
Ported heads
1pc D/S
Heavy ass AM wheels and drag radials
Suspension stuff
Rev Auto tune FTW!

Awesome stuff, so once u do the trans stuff will you spin any higher? If you hit that 522 on E85 @ 7200 you should still be climbing if you spin her higher huh?? Ran any cars yet? If so do post your kills! :p

twistedneck

Established Member
Great numbers!!! I shut mine down at 7400 not due to clutch but fear of toasting one of the light weight GT rods. I hated that stock clutch, always had a sticky pedal. simple swap to a spec stage 2+ and its 100% fixed.. get the aluminum flywheel you wont regret it.

Nothing like a light weight NA Mustang with a manual transmission. Now the problem is law enforcement.

What do you have for front brakes? your going to need something good!

Black5slow

Established Member
Great numbers!!! I shut mine down at 7400 not due to clutch but fear of toasting one of the light weight GT rods. I hated that stock clutch, always had a sticky pedal. simple swap to a spec stage 2+ and its 100% fixed.. get the aluminum flywheel you wont regret it.

Nothing like a light weight NA Mustang with a manual transmission. Now the problem is law enforcement.

What do you have for front brakes? your going to need something good!

Yeah the clutch it the last thing left. While the trans is out im going to have rev auto build it as well more than likely this winter unless I break it before then.

96lasersvt

Established Member
Who done the heads and what all has been done to them? Also how much compression does it have. Im getting started on a n/a build for mine and cant make up my mind on the heads.

KalEl370

Established Member
Do ported heads need to be dyno tuned or can they be remote tuned? Is there a big difference between boss and GT heads? Nice numbers!

ExTurbo

Established Member
I shift at 7200 only because my stock clutch wont let me shift any higher need to replace it soon

our of curiosity, were your peak numbers above 7200, and you are short shifting because of the clutch? or did you peak prior to 7200? id imagine you were still making power past that point, and are leaving some on the table by shifting at 7200. either way its a badass setup. Id love to do a heads/cams/cobrajet setup but worry about the stock bottom end and MT82...

Black5slow

Established Member
our of curiosity, were your peak numbers above 7200, and you are short shifting because of the clutch? or did you peak prior to 7200? id imagine you were still making power past that point, and are leaving some on the table by shifting at 7200. either way its a badass setup. Id love to do a heads/cams/cobrajet setup but worry about the stock bottom end and MT82...

Makes power well above 7200 however with my stock clutch if i shift any higher it does not like it wont go into next gear so for now 7200 it is.

Users who are viewing this thread