Review of 2019 RS3

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Dealer local to me sells Roush. They have those and they sell cars with CAI, exhaust and tunes.

Now i also have one literally right up the street that sells the Saleen cars and trucks and RTR cars. My wife wants a roush to run around in and you can get decent deals on them. I like the one Klaus posted but that is my opinion and i like the fact its a blown warrantied car.

Pre-Owned Cars & Trucks in Conroe | Pre-Owned Fords Near Me - Gullo Ford Conroe TX

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
That was a good/smart swap. I know I've said this before, but I'd take your Roush Stage 3 in a heartbeat over most other Mustangs. It's stunning visually and performance wise. One thing I'll say about Roush Mustangs. They don't over complicate the exterior. Their exterior mods are tasteful and look factory. I often think, "now this is what Ford should have done".

I agree, as well, that the Roush packages are high priced. It's a given that you're paying a premium for the name plate. Same goes for Steeda, Hennessey, Callaway, etc. I cringe when I think back how much I paid for my '94 Callaway Camaro. Oh, their package was nice, decent performance over stock, customer service/support was superior, and I was always greeted as a highly appreciated customer whenever I visited their shop in Old Lyme, CT. But with that came a premium price on everything. Overall, I threw a lot of money at the name. I'd never do it again!

Callaway is in a league of their own.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Jeff, I was privileged to get a very inside look at Callaway back in the mid-late '90s. I was friends with their Sales Manager and had many conversations with their Lead Engineer. Got to chat with Reeves, too, multiple times. I got to see their skills in engineering/packaging, and I also got to see that they were human. I bought one of their motors, upgraded to another, and then had that one replaced/upgraded because the second motor failed on the freeway. I wasn't racing or even driving hard. Their Engineer felt so bad about my engine issues (I had questioned their dyno report prior to the engine failing) that after they replaced it he installed their one and only stainless steel prototype catback. They never put it to manufacturing because it would have had to retail for around $3K. Yep, $3K. The engineering of this catback was unique and revolutionary at the time. Darn near zero back-pressure but the sound wasn't really loud or harsh. Best catback I've ever used.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Jeff, I was privileged to get a very inside look at Callaway back in the mid-late '90s. I was friends with their Sales Manager and had many conversations with their Lead Engineer. Got to chat with Reeves, too, multiple times. I got to see their skills in engineering/packaging, and I also got to see that they were human. I bought one of their motors, upgraded to another, and then had that one replaced/upgraded because the second motor failed on the freeway. I wasn't racing or even driving hard. Their Engineer felt so bad about my engine issues (I had questioned their dyno report prior to the engine failing) that after they replaced it he installed their one and only stainless steel prototype catback. They never put it to manufacturing because it would have had to retail for around $3K. Yep, $3K. The engineering of this catback was unique and revolutionary at the time. Darn near zero back-pressure but the sound wasn't really loud or harsh. Best catback I've ever used.

A few CF guys have toured the facility and remarked how nice it was. Ive seen a couple of the corvettes and they were to die for. Callaway is active on the Corvette Forum and they are extremely professional on there. Those guys do beautiful work. I always wanted them to do a truck for me

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
What's with all the hate on the Roush cars? I don't think anyone ever has paid list for a Roush car. The mods they do are tasteful and they offer a total package with a warranty. People pay for the convenience of going to a Ford dealer, buying and servicing it there, under warranty.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
If it had your color scheme it would be worth it.
Thanks man. I appreciate the kind words.

That was a good/smart swap. I know I've said this before, but I'd take your Roush Stage 3 in a heartbeat over most other Mustangs. It's stunning visually and performance wise. One thing I'll say about Roush Mustangs. They don't over complicate the exterior. Their exterior mods are tasteful and look factory. I often think, "now this is what Ford should have done".

I agree, as well, that the Roush packages are high priced. It's a given that you're paying a premium for the name plate. Same goes for Steeda, Hennessey, Callaway, etc. I cringe when I think back how much I paid for my '94 Callaway Camaro. Oh, their package was nice, decent performance over stock, customer service/support was superior, and I was always greeted as a highly appreciated customer whenever I visited their shop in Old Lyme, CT. But with that came a premium price on everything. Overall, I threw a lot of money at the name. I'd never do it again!
Thanks for the kind words Bob. I appreciate it man.

Yes, Callaway makes a great car as well. I'm always drooling over the Z06 cars that they do.
I've noticed that they started doing the Camaro ZL1's as well with close to 800HP with warranty.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
The guy in the Roush video commented that it didn't feel like a 710 hp car, Roush tunes are known to be on the conservative side..

Users who are viewing this thread