Rev Matching Downshift Tune Possible?

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I would think it's possible, but how would you trigger it? You can't say "Every time you push the clutch in" because then it would rev for both up and down shifts.

Just stick to doing it with your foot.

darreng505

Established Member
I use auto-blip device. Works great.
It triggers when both break and clutch are engaged and you adjust the delay and duration with knobs.

bam2012@TBR

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Quick Google search shows auto blip device is about 400, cool idea, but I never saw that many positives reviews on cars that it came stock on 370z is the first to come to mind.

az20115.0

Established Member
I drive a lot of cars with rev matching an I love it.. M3 in particular
Would really love one on my stang because I'm not that good at slowing down using brakes while downshifting and rev matching all at the same time..

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I agree. That's half the fun of driving stick. Rev matching, downshifting, etc...

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I drive a lot of cars with rev matching an I love it.. M3 in particular
Would really love one on my stang because I'm not that good at slowing down using brakes while downshifting and rev matching all at the same time..

Is your car tuned? I have my throttle response turned way up so the pedal is more like a cable throttle.

It takes some practice but just like driving stick, once you get used to it, it becomes second nature. Heel/toe is a lot of fun but the term is a little misleading. Try keeping the ball of your right foot on the brake pedal and pivot to hit the gas pedal with the heel of your right foot. You just need to blip the throttle with your heel and then up shift. I guess the technique should actually be called ball/heeling but heel toe sounds better. Haha

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
i lovveed the rev match feature on my 370Z, but it did take some of the fun out of it

IGO 202

Established Member
We also had it on our last 370z and it was a blast. We live at the foot of Deals Gap and I loved the system when driving spirited in the twisties. Most of the time it stayed turned off while in town once the novelty wore off.
Dan

az20115.0

Established Member
I can do it my self but not very good at it and dont like raping my clutch while learning.. It just makes things so much easier.. plus, the pedals on the 2011 dont make it easy to heel toe

Users who are viewing this thread