Returnless Fore hat wiring

SNK-BITE

Established Member
Got my fore hat and dual GT improved pumps today. Will be returnless, anyone know of a write-up or brief rundown on how to wire the hat into the factor harness?

TRBO VNM

The sending unit wires match up. Yellow to yellow and black to black. They are the small gauge wires.

For the pumps, are you running dual FPDM's? IF so, then you should have a dual fpdm harness and on that harness will be power and ground for each pump

SNK-BITE

Established Member
Single modified FPDM. My plan is to keep the factory harness in place for the level sending unit and the other connector on the fuel tank. The hat came with the 7' pig tail, I was going to trace it up into the trunk along the factory harness and cut factory wires from the FPDM to the pumps and solder in both blacks and both reds from the fore harness to where I just cut. So the FPDM feeds directly into the fore harness and the level sender still utilizes the factory harness. Essential leaving the factory wiring for the pumps in place but, inert. Sound about right?

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Are you running a wire upgrade for the BAP? You can also run a bigger AWG wire to the pumps from the FPDM. Don't mind my cheap plastic connector, use a good 2 pin weather pack connector.

ea954a93.jpg

7301a83c.jpg

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

Single modified FPDM. My plan is to keep the factory harness in place for the level sending unit and the other connector on the fuel tank. The hat came with the 7' pig tail, I was going to trace it up into the trunk along the factory harness and cut factory wires from the FPDM to the pumps and solder in both blacks and both reds from the fore harness to where I just cut. So the FPDM feeds directly into the fore harness and the level sender still utilizes the factory harness. Essential leaving the factory wiring for the pumps in place but, inert. Sound about right?

Gotcha. Yeah I personally don't like the single fpdm setup. But sounds like you have it figured out.

Users who are viewing this thread