Rethinking my order

PushingSpokes

Established Member
I ordered the car about 5 weeks ago and in that time i think I've changed my mind. I traded in my car for a 2013 5.0. I still haven't got a vin, so I talked to the ford rep. She said that the order was a priority 99 and that it "will not schedule". I told my dealer this and they kinda gave me the run around and said everything is fine. He told me it was on the assembly line but it didn't have a vin or build date. That doesn't make sense to me. He told me to call back Tuesday and it should have a vin and date. If the car doesn't have the vin and build when I call on Tuesday, I want out of the deal. My question is, am I able to get out of the deal? I'm not interested on getting my car back and I don't want anything else on the lot. They have my left over money from my pay off as the down payment, that is all I want back. Is it possible to get out of the deal or am I stuck waiting?

I was in the car biz from 1993-2005, sales, sales manager, and finance manager.

I have never heard the terms she is using "priority 99" and "will not schedule"? what is she talking about?

I used to order Audi's and Porsche's so I'm not used to this terminology. Are you saying they ordered you a car or are they trying to dealer trade for a car like the one you want?

I wouldn't stress out about not having a VIN# at this point. But did they take you trade in away from you already? If so that's a dirty trick in the biz called "de-horsing"

And to answer your last question here in CA you can get out of any car deal even if you signed everything as long as you do not take delivery, meaning drive the car off the dealership however if you gave them a deposit they should have made it known if it was refundable or not.

Hope this helps. Good luck. :beer:

NOGI88

Established Member
I was in the car biz from 1993-2005, sales, sales manager, and finance manager.

I have never heard the terms she is using "priority 99" and "will not schedule"? what is she talking about?

I used to order Audi's and Porsche's so I'm not used to this terminology. Are you saying they ordered you a car or are they trying to dealer trade for a car like the one you want?

I wouldn't stress out about not having a VIN# at this point. But did they take you trade in away from you already? If so that's a dirty trick in the biz called "de-horsing"

And to answer your last question here in CA you can get out of any car deal even if you signed everything as long as you do not take delivery, meaning drive the car off the dealership however if you gave them a deposit they should have made it known if it was refundable or not.

Hope this helps. Good luck. :beer:

i originally ordered a base and had the order# for that. when i switched it to a premium, the order# changed. the dealer never told me about the order# change, so i was trying to track the first one. the dealer was real cool to me at first, but as time went on i realized i didn't wanna do business w/ them. i'm glad i got out of the deal and now i'm getting what i want.

Turbo810

Established Member
Very nice. A freind of mine in Florida bought a grabber blue Boss the same day I bought my GT. I would love to have one. Good luick in your search.

PushingSpokes

Established Member
i originally ordered a base and had the order# for that. when i switched it to a premium, the order# changed. the dealer never told me about the order# change, so i was trying to track the first one. the dealer was real cool to me at first, but as time went on i realized i didn't wanna do business w/ them. i'm glad i got out of the deal and now i'm getting what i want.

Cool. What are you getting?

Users who are viewing this thread