Rethinking my order

NOGI88

Established Member
I ordered the car about 5 weeks ago and in that time i think I've changed my mind. I traded in my car for a 2013 5.0. I still haven't got a vin, so I talked to the ford rep. She said that the order was a priority 99 and that it "will not schedule". I told my dealer this and they kinda gave me the run around and said everything is fine. He told me it was on the assembly line but it didn't have a vin or build date. That doesn't make sense to me. He told me to call back Tuesday and it should have a vin and date. If the car doesn't have the vin and build when I call on Tuesday, I want out of the deal. My question is, am I able to get out of the deal? I'm not interested on getting my car back and I don't want anything else on the lot. They have my left over money from my pay off as the down payment, that is all I want back. Is it possible to get out of the deal or am I stuck waiting?

Last edited:

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
This will most likely depend on the dealer, from the sounds of it they're not to concerned with being legit and taking care of a customer. Maybe see if they can run a locate for you to see if they can get a car matching the options you've chosen. I specifically wanted a Base 5.0 in Impact Blue M6, Luckily they're was one already in town had it the next day. Hopefully this helps. You may have to scrap the Recaro's other than that seems to me that someone would have the exact car you're looking for.

NOGI88

Established Member
I had them look before I ordered and didn't come up with anything. I settled on my last car and don't wanna do that again and regret what I got.

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
I wonder how far out they searched ? honestly I think there is a Grabber M6 with cloth recaros sitting in Olathe, KS They may not want to go that far but, they will if you're firm back in 2004 my dad got a left over 2003 Lightning picked up from the coast.

NOGI88

Established Member
They said they searched out as far as they were willing to go and didn't come up with anything.

Turbo900rr

Established Member
Hard to say on backing out of the deal. I ordered a 12 and same as you it was taking forever. No updates from the dealer, they didn't know what was going on ect. I found a car that I wanted on another lot and called and canceled the order. The original lot did not want to refund my money because according to them the car would have been delivered on time in less than two weeks. Keep in mind same as you, no build date, vin, ect. I raised holy hell with the lot and when that didn't matter I called Ford customer service and pointed out to them I have bought 3 new fords in two years. As if by magic the dealer changed their tune and I got my 500 dollars back.go figure.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Sounds like your dealer might have allocation issues, and they aren't wanting to tell you, so they are having you wait it around the bush. Doubt they will ever tell you straight up unless you corner them.

If you have a dealer code and order #, contact Deysha and see what she can dig up for you.

The only reason I ordered my car and didn't settle on a dealer inventory is because the exterior color combo and interior color I wanted didn't exist in the state of Texas in a non-premium GT.

Hopefully everything gets straightened out for you. Best of luck. :beer:

NOGI88

Established Member
Sounds like your dealer might have allocation issues, and they aren't wanting to tell you, so they are having you wait it around the bush. Doubt they will ever tell you straight up unless you corner them.

If you have a dealer code and order #, contact Deysha and see what she can dig up for you.

The only reason I ordered my car and didn't settle on a dealer inventory is because the exterior color combo and interior color I wanted didn't exist in the state of Texas in a non-premium GT.

Hopefully everything gets straightened out for you. Best of luck. :beer:

I think it might be allocation. I haven't got a reply from deysha yet, hopefully tomorrow.

NOGI88

Established Member
Hard to say on backing out of the deal. I ordered a 12 and same as you it was taking forever. No updates from the dealer, they didn't know what was going on ect. I found a car that I wanted on another lot and called and canceled the order. The original lot did not want to refund my money because according to them the car would have been delivered on time in less than two weeks. Keep in mind same as you, no build date, vin, ect. I raised holy hell with the lot and when that didn't matter I called Ford customer service and pointed out to them I have bought 3 new fords in two years. As if by magic the dealer changed their tune and I got my 500 dollars back.go figure.

Did the car ever show up on the lot? I don't mind waiting, but I don't wanna wait for something that's never gonna show up. They have the extra money from my pay off, so it's a few grand.

svt5.4

SALLY NUTS RACING
Established Member
Mustang builds are on hold until July 30th. You will get a vin on that day. Mustang will be delivered two weeks later.

joecatch

Established Member
I ordered my GT on 6/8 and just today got a VIN. I looked around within 500 miles of me looking and could not find what I wanted. I went to KBB and Edmunds and Autotrader sites. Don't just look at one site. PLus, alot can happen in 5 weeks. If you haven't looked recently, new dealer stock may have arrived which will now show up in a new search.

Joe C.

Ill_W1N

Established Member
I think you should just be patient. It will all be worth it when the car arrives. I remember waiting on mine and it feeling like a lifetime to get. But once it arrived it made everything better. Now if its something about the car you have changed your mind on (color, seats, ect) then cancel the order.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
did you sign the contract papers? if yes and the dealer plays hardball the car is yours whether you want it or not. If you just have a deposit with no papers signed you can get out of it and get your deposit back vin # or not. And if you do back out and get your deposit back , don't worry they are not at loss, they will sell the car!!!!

NOGI88

Established Member
I think you should just be patient. It will all be worth it when the car arrives. I remember waiting on mine and it feeling like a lifetime to get. But once it arrived it made everything better. Now if its something about the car you have changed your mind on (color, seats, ect) then cancel the order.

It's def the car I want. I still want it for sure. I'm just thinking I'm getting the run around from what deysha told me and the sketchy info the dealer is giving me. I'd rather get my money back then have it tied up in a car thats not gonna be built.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Mustang builds are on hold until July 30th. You will get a vin on that day. Mustang will be delivered two weeks later.
I didn't know that builds were on hold until the 30th? Pretty sure there were a few people on allfordmustangs that just got build dates for next week today...

My sales guys didn't make me put down a deposit on my order, which was weird. But I don't mind it. Haha

RSKtakR

Established Member
I called my salesman yesterday and he said I would have a VIN in 2 more weeks.. I ordered the car 2 weeks ago.. Ford was shut down for 2 wks (from what I was told) and it would be 6-8 wks before I got my car. Im trading in my 2011 and I didnt have to put any $$ down or sign anything yet either. the longer it takes is fine with me. Salesman said they will hold my trade value for the wait so it wont change, and the longer it takes just gives me more of a down payment too. Just be patient.. its seems like forever but once you get the car it will be exactly what you want.

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
The Mustang is assembled at the auto alliance plant in Flat Rock Mi. The Mustang is made in the plant part of the month and the Mazda 6 is made the other part of the month.

NOGI88

Established Member
Hi Nogi88,

The priority number is one of the factors taken into consideration when scheduling. A priority of 99 does not even get looked at, therefore it won’t schedule. Your dealer can look into this for you and explain it in better detail.

Deysha

That's what she sent me today.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
NOGI88, good luck with getting more info. Hopefully your dealer will stop being pricks and just give you a straight answer.

Users who are viewing this thread