Results time, pics inside.

Sonic Snake

Established Member
First off, thanks for all the help and advice guys. I did alot of reading and searching and learned alot from Juiced03, Spree, and few others. Thanks again everyone.

1. Wash
2. Clay
3. SSR 2.5 all around with yellow pad
4. SSR 2.5 with a green pad and alot of pressure on both of my doors... I had some kind of film on them that did not want to come off. I looked to be some kind of brushed on sealant or something. I bought the car in Michigan, maybe it's some type of protectant they use up there???
5. SSR 2.5 all around with white pad
6. SSR 1 all around with a white pad
7. Klasse AIO
8. Klasse SG
9. 3 layers of Natty's blue all around to finish it off.

Shooo, are my arm's tired.

Other pics removed.

lowreser0029.gif

:pepper: :banana: :pepper: :banana: :pepper: :banana: :pepper: :banana:

Last edited:

Satyr

Established Member
wow man, that looks great!

sorry to sound like a tool, but what is SSR? Where can I get it? Is that what removed your swirl marks? Do you apply it with a swirling motion?

thanks, and once again...car looks fantastic!

Sonic Snake

Established Member
Satyr said:
wow man, that looks great!

sorry to sound like a tool, but what is SSR? Where can I get it? Is that what removed your swirl marks? Do you apply it with a swirling motion?

thanks, and once again...car looks fantastic!

Thanks guys.

SSR is a polishing compound made by Poorboys. It along with a Porter Cable dual action machine got rid of the swirls. You can get it at many places.

I got my SSR from Scott at SMP. www.specialtymotoring.com
Got my other stuff from www.autogeek.net

CleanCobra

The Anti-Bling
Established Member
Awesome. Now I can't wait to do mine! :thumbsup:
I'll be using Claybar for the first time.

spree

Established Member
Looks awesome! You could have saved yourself some labor after step 6 though.

Next time, try doing one coat of Poorboy's EX instead of AIO/SG, then do just one coat of Natty's Blue.

Sonic Snake

Established Member
spree said:
Looks awesome! You could have saved yourself some labor after step 6 though.

Next time, try doing one coat of Poorboy's EX instead of AIO/SG, then do just one coat of Natty's Blue.

Does EX have the durability that SG has? That was my main reason for going with Klasse. I know Zaino has good durability, but I'm not a fan of Zaino... been there done that. lol

Juiced-03

Established Member
Sonic Snake said:
Does EX have the durability that SG has? That was my main reason for going with Klasse. I know Zaino has good durability, but I'm not a fan of Zaino... been there done that. lol

So you are happy with this combo as opposed to Zaino? Glad to hear if so :beer:

You got an awesome combo there. Klasse SG is not the easiest product in the world to use, but the durability is pretty damn good. Did you let the SG cure for 24 hours or so before topping with the Natty's? That always helps I've noticed.

You had some pretty decent swirls to start out with, and you did DAMN well getting them out I must say! Amazing how a little time and effort (and decent products!) can really improve the paint! As far as that film you were describing, I'm sure the AIO did its job well and removed whatever was left after the polishing with SSR2.5. Again, great work! That's definitely one of the cleanest SB Cobras I've seen on here!

Juiced-03

Established Member
Sonic Snake said:

You're right, EX won't last as long as SG would, but it is MUCH easier to use so applying it more often isn't such a chore really. SG is a good choice for the winter months ahead of us.

Sonic Snake

Established Member
Juiced-03 said:
So you are happy with this combo as opposed to Zaino? Glad to hear if so :beer:

You got an awesome combo there. Klasse SG is not the easiest product in the world to use, but the durability is pretty damn good. Did you let the SG cure for 24 hours or so before topping with the Natty's? That always helps I've noticed.

You had some pretty decent swirls to start out with, and you did DAMN well getting them out I must say! Amazing how a little time and effort (and decent products!) can really improve the paint! As far as that film you were describing, I'm sure the AIO did its job well and removed whatever was left after the polishing with SSR2.5. Again, great work! That's definitely one of the cleanest SB Cobras I've seen on here!

I can't say that I'm happy with SG yet.. let me see how it holds up. As for Zaino. I got sick of the ZFX stuff. It took to much time trying to mix the proper amount of drops and shaking it to mix it, and once it's mixed it's only good for so long. The SG, you just pour out onto your applicator and go. Easy enough. Not to mention that with the ZFX, how hard it was to clean out of that little bottle when you were done. I just never was satisfied with the expense, time involved, and overall results of the Zaino. Minor gripes, but I didn't like it. :whine:

The SG sat on the car for about 28 hours. Not necessarily by choice, but time constraits with work and family it had to stay on a while. I did apply it a little too thick in a couple of areas, but to me it wasn't any more difficult to remove than a thick application of Zaino.

As for the swirls, they were worse than the picture even shows. I couldn't believe the difference after just the first section with SSR 2.5 and the yellow pad.

Thanks for the compliments. :beer:

Juiced-03

Established Member
28 hours will DEFINITELY yield an awesome durability period for you! I usually wipe on wipe off with the SG, only because I find it difficult to remove after it has dried. Or maybe I am just spoiled by the ease of EX, EX-P, UPP, and others lol.

So do you like the look of you paint better than Zaino? I know durability is still on trial, but what are your impressions thus far? And as far as your gripes with Zaino, I share the same opinion.

Sonic Snake

Established Member
Juiced-03 said:
So do you like the look of you paint better than Zaino? I know durability is still on trial, but what are your impressions thus far? And as far as your gripes with Zaino, I share the same opinion.

Well, I can't say whether or not it looks better than Zaino, because I used Zaino about 2-3 years ago on my Dakota R/T that was Solar Yellow. Light color vs a dark color, not mention the cobra is metallic and the fact that I put a wax on top of the Klasse. So I dunno, but I've gotten tons of compliments and stares already from the looks it has now. I'm liking the depth and some what wetness of the color. :thumbsup:

SpectorV

Established Member
I tried to claybar my car, but it picked up NOTHING.... the paint was to clean but oh well at least now I know.

Thrust

Established Member
That looks real good. I might have to try some of that stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread