Results of 2.65 pulley?

QwickSilverSVT

Established Member
Does anyone have results from the new 2.65 yet? Im probably going to be ordering one as i am getting a re-tune for other reasons anyway. Im only making 13lbs with the 2.8 so i figure i should be around 15 with the 2.65.

I know they have sold quite a few but have not seen anyone post results yet...

:pop:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This is the Reichard Racing pulley, right?

Assuming you have an unported upper, while the lowers are more difficult to change, using a combo like a 2.93 upper and a 4 lb. (or retain your 2.80 and add a 4 lb) will get you more boost with a lesser chance of belt slip. I know that the non-slip grooved design minimizes slip, the smaller you go the more chance you have that you'll get some slippage.

What are your mods? And what are your latest dyno numbers?

Last edited:

QwickSilverSVT

Established Member
Yes the RR, and no its not ported

Mods are:

LFP dual pass HE
2.8 pulley
Billetflow 4 piece idlers
bassani cat back
JLT RAI
custom tune
centerforce dual friction/fidanza flywheel/liberty 26 spline

Im getting a retune for other reasons and thought for 150 bucks why not throw this on there for a little more boost.

My dyno last sunday(graph is in the 2.8 pulley thread) showed
455rwhp
457rwtq
13.05 lbs of boost
a/f from 11.7-11.8

Last edited:

QwickSilverSVT

Established Member
i wanted to save the lower for when/if i port it so i can do around 17-18psi. I didnt want to spin it that high without the port.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I don't know if you can get 17 to 18psi after the port anyways. Just keep the 2.8 and when you get the port get a 2lb. or even a 4lb. lower and that's going to be plenty RPM's for the Heaton to be spinning.

QwickSilverSVT

Established Member
hm....i just thought it would be a good opportunity cause i could get the retune for free pretty much, it would only cost the price of the pulley.

ViciousJay

Established Member
ummmm the eaton actually is worthless after 16 psi... dont try looking for 17 or 18 psi :nonono:

QwickSilverSVT

Established Member
hm....

but i really want to do it!

maybe ill just buy it, see what it does and save my current tune if it no good.

its worth 150 in my opinion to try.

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member
go ahead but more heat = more chances of boom, or getting your @ss walk on by other cobrascuz youve heatsoaked the crap outta your car

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
You need to listen to Viscious Jay on this one. Heat=Bad and slower. You might think it feels good in the seat of the pants but up top it's going to fall on its face faster!

QwickSilverSVT

Established Member
well you guys are making me thinking twice about it. And i am considering your input. I was under the impression that 15psi was ok on stock blower.

I mean when the 2.8 came out everybody was saying the same thing about it?

Posi,

Weren't you just telling me to get a lower which would be the same boost just a different setup?

And weren't you running the 3.1/6lb with no port which should be about the same ?

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member
QwickSilverSVT said:
well you guys are making me thinking twice about it. And i am considering your input. I was under the impression that 15psi was ok on stock blower.

I mean when the 2.8 came out everybody was saying the same thing about it?

Posi,

Werent you just telling me to get a lower which would be the same boost just a different setup?

2.8 will net 12-14 psi on a stock blower...

ported will gain a 1-2 lb... but youll run more effiecent, adding a lower will help remove belt slip but add massvie amounts of TQ and gain a few ponys as well

ViciousJay

Established Member
good numbers!

id would try a port and move on from there... i only gain 1/2 psi off my port but i can tell you this i gain a few more ponys on the top and lower end

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
Interesting... I say that you go for it and see exactly how much RWHP/RWTQ you gain out of it. I'd also datalog your Cobra before and after to see exactly where you temps are at after cruising, going WOT, idling, etc...

What have you got to lose, right? Greg will know whether or not it's a positive or negative factor and tune accordingly.

ViciousJay

Established Member
SIr RicCuS said:
Interesting... I say that you go for it and see exactly how much RWHP/RWTQ you gain out of it. I'd also datalog your Cobra before and after to see exactly where you temps are at after cruising, going WOT, idling, etc...

What have you got to lose, right? Greg will know whether or not it's a positive or negative factor and tune accordingly.

ill bet cold hard cash he doesnt gain much at all but will lose power cuz it will slip like a MOFO! hell im slipping with a 2.76

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
ViciousJay said:
ill bet cold hard cash he doesnt gain much at all but will lose power cuz it will slip like a MOFO! hell im slipping with a 2.76

That's why I'm saying he should do it. So that we KNOW whether then just speculate on whether or not it's a good size pulley to jump to.

And he's got the all the idlers so I don't think that he'll see any slippage.

EDIT: Do you have an auxilary idler at least?

QwickSilverSVT

Established Member
Ya i got the whole idler set up. 3 90mm and 1 100mm from billetflow.

I dont think im getting any slip right now. At least it dosent appear to be according to the graph.

So Riccus,

You basically want me to spend the time and money to see if its any good?

Users who are viewing this thread