Results from my last track outing. 2011 GT n/a

Laloosh

Established Member
Very impressive driving and shifting there. If you can get that car to mph in the low 120s you would have a solid 10 second car.

86merc

Established Member
Thank you every one. I am having a good time with the car.

Again, impressive. Change your signature info to reflect new time.

Thanks. And done. lol

awesome times congrats, what rpm are you launching at?

I had the neutral limiter set at 5,400 on the last two passes.

Somebody can drive!

I was running 119+MPH to dip below 11.50's.
Congrats!

Thanks Shaun. The tune is helping the engine make some good power. :rockon:

I do alright driving the car. I am still figuring out what it needs and wants. I am sure there is a little more in it as it sits. But I think the mph looks low because of the headwind, as Drew mentioned. The new goal is to run a 11.2x @ 120 or so as it sits. Then hopefully take some weight out of it in the fall.

I also have that Boss intake in the garage. hmmm

Great times & very impressive driving! :beer:
Heading back to the track in mine within a week & looking to break solidly into the 11's will post results if the weather holds out for the wed. night test & tune.

Thanks and good luck.

Awesome time! What driveshaft do you have?

It is a Sharft Masters.

Awesome times guy no power adders and your equal to a stock 2013/2014 Gt-500 with 662 hp on tap....

I a happy with how the car has run so far. Maybe one day it will get some boost and see what I can do with that. For now I am enjoying the N/A power. We have some clock off street racing type races at our local tracks. I think I might go try and hustle some races. haha

Congrats OP, very nice 60ft. Whats slicks and rear gears are you running?

-Thomas

As Drew said, they are 28" Hoosier stiff side wall slicks. I had them at 15# of air pressure in them and worked up to 15#. I want to see the video of my other passes. I think they were distorting a little too much. So if the other videos show that I will try to run a little more air next time out.

was that a 2-step or the limiter...nice rowing.

Thanks. I enjoy shifting gears. haha

It is on the SCT Neutral rev limiter. The issue with that is it does not stay close to the set rpm. It varies about 200 rpm. So it may be a problem with consistency. We will see what happens.

Nice job, great driving! I'm working on getting my 60ft down. Are you slipping the clutch with your launch? What rpm are you at when you launch? I'm not using my 2 step yet but, I do want to start using it soon. Thanks :)

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks. I am slipping the clutch a little. A strait dump was shocking the tires too much. Slipping it slightly made it much smoother and the 60' times came down. It was 5.400 set in the tune.

Your car runs great!! I have about the same mods and hope to get my times down there. I was shifting at 6900rpm and got 118.60mph but 2.15 60' sux. Smoked the clutch and got severe wheel hop. Hopefully after installing the RXT clutch and UCA ill reach my 11.40 goal.

Thanks. Keep working at dialing it in and I am sure you could get there. Good luck.

Very impressive driving and shifting there. If you can get that car to mph in the low 120s you would have a solid 10 second car.

Thanks. I would love to run a 10 second pass with some weight reduction and more dialing in of the combo. But I am not willing to gut the car. So we will see what happens.

03Cobra1979

Established Member
Wow. That is impressive as hell. My '11 with close to the same mods on a tire and best I could ever row it to was a 11.8 @ 117. I guess that is why I bought an auto for the stable this time haha.

86merc

Established Member
Thats awesome! Whats this sct 2 step you guys speak of? Can you set that and adjust it with the handeld?

The SCT tuner has a options menu. One of the options is a neutral rev limit. It is adjustable in 100 rpm increments.

Great job, the driver mod is strong with this one:)

haha :thumbsup:

Thanks

Wow. That is impressive as hell. My '11 with close to the same mods on a tire and best I could ever row it to was a 11.8 @ 117. I guess that is why I bought an auto for the stable this time haha.

Thanks. I just keep working at it. An auto make it easier to be consistent for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread