Restrictor Plate on Centri Setup

greasy

SVT Noob
Established Member
Does anybody has first hand experience with this?

I know the Corvette guys run the ECS kits with a restrictor plate in conjunction with a smaller pulley and get better power down low. I would assume this would work fine on our cars as well, just curious how much worse IAT's get. I will be running a Paxton Novi 2K on a stock block and seeing if I can get the power to come on earlier. I am already running a 4.10 gear before it gets asked. :rolling:

Last edited:

4valved

Banned
That Paxton blower is nasty my friends running 12 pounds of boost and he makes 460hp on a 2v engine

greasy

SVT Noob
Established Member
Did you buy brand new post up some pics of the install I'd like to see how it fits

I bought it used. I am doing a whole build thread right now on another forum I am a moderator on, but it is in a hidden section. I am trying to keep it secret until the first meet of the year. Once the secret is out then I will post the build thread here too.

I know a few people with the novi 2k all love them and make SICK power.

:rockon:

ceetwarrior

Established Member
My friend ran one on his vette with novi. It worked well for bringing boost in lower if I remember right. He had meth injection so his intake temps were already low...

pacific4v

Established Member
If its intercooled with a blow thru maf put a small pulley on it to get boost to come on lower in the rpm and add a wastegate somewhere before the maf to regulate the max boost.

greasy

SVT Noob
Established Member
That is always a thought too as I am doing a blow through setup! What size/brand wastegate would you recommend on a setup to run 10 lbs.? Also would I still need a by pass valve?

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Can someone explain to me how a restrictor plate will increase boost in the lower portion if the powerband?

greasy

SVT Noob
Established Member
Instead of running a bigger pulley without restriction and boost being created later in the power band you pulley down with the addition of a restrictor plate on the power pipe. The faster speed of the blower spinning will create more power down low, but limit the boost on the top end.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Instead of running a bigger pulley without restriction and boost being created later in the power band you pulley down with the addition of a restrictor plate on the power pipe. The faster speed of the blower spinning will create more power down low, but limit the boost on the top end.

Makes sense

Users who are viewing this thread