Rescued a shar pei mix.

Reno Five-O

Established Member
So today me and my fiance rescued a shar pei mix from the humane shelter here in el paso he's a few years old and surprisingly behaved. They said he came from the street but it's obvious he was once somebody's dog seeing as how he knows how to handle being on a leash and didn't need to be told to get in the car when I opened the door. He also seems to know he only gets to use the bathroom outside (fingers crossed he keeps that up.)

Here are some pics:

IMAG1514.jpg

IMAG1517.jpg

IMAG1515.jpg

These are after his first bath and dinner.

Reno Five-O

Established Member
Haha thanks man I love mustangs and anything related. I drive a 2011 5.0, just got down here in June before this I was stationed at Ft. Campbell for a little over 4 years. Did 15 months in Iraq and just wrapped up a 12 month to Afghanistan last year before they decided they wanted to put me down here in TX. Me and my lady have been wanting a dog since we got down here especially since she had to leave her puppy with her family back in our homestate.

Ironhand

Banned
Haha thanks man I love mustangs and anything related. I drive a 2011 5.0, just got down here in June before this I was stationed at Ft. Campbell for a little over 4 years. Did 15 months in Iraq and just wrapped up a 12 month to Afghanistan last year before they decided they wanted to put me down here in TX. Me and my lady have been wanting a dog since we got down here especially since she had to leave her puppy with her family back in our homestate.

Thats cool man.

I actually have a friend that is a school teacher at Ft. Campbell. He teaches 3D modeling and things like that.

So you were with the 101st? And are you at Ft. Hood? I hated North Ft. Hood. They could use that whole place as a bombing range for all I care. :lol:

Reno Five-O

Established Member
That's pretty cool, I was in the 101st, 3rd brigade and I'm stationed at Ft. Bliss, El Paso with the 1st Armored Division now.

crouton

Crunchy Cube
Established Member
Congrats on the rescue!

Hope he maintains the bathroom outside habit, as that's nice flooring!

Fuerza

Established Member
Congrats on the rescue, looks like a great down. Welcome to El Paso, what unit are you in?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Any dog rescue like this is a wonderful story. Now he has a wonderful home. Best of luck with him, and yeah, let's home he continues to take his business outside. Does sound like he was trained before.

Reno Five-O

Established Member
Im in 1-36infantry and we couuldn't be any happier and he's loving his new home just woke up and gave him breakfast and treats now he decided he wants to cuddle next to my fiance on the couch and is going back to sleep.

We got home a small bone and he finished the rest of it over night so looks like we have to go for a bigger one now.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread