Requesting Advise!

MeetMeAtThePark

Force Fed Snake
Established Member
Hey guys I know there are a lot of ya'll that have driven every car I'd look for so figured I might as well get some feedback. I've got a truck I daily drive and looking at selling it but not sure. I don't want too much money tied up in cars but they are my hobby so sometimes it happens. Here's some that I've been thinking about:

Sell truck for:
-2011/12 GT500
-2011 F250 w/ 6in lift and rims/tires

Keep truck and buy:
-2002/04 Corvette Z06

The thing is I love having a truck but if I went into a new Shelby I could get an old 65 or 66 chevy for cheap to have fun with. Also my biggest thing is I tend to run through cars quickly and don't want a car that's going to lose value in the next year. I've had 2 low mile terminators (one 480rwhp one 615rwhp), a low mile 09 gt500 (stock w/ exhaust), an 08 escalade, an 06 tahoe, and 08 mustang gt regency, and this truck I have now is a 2010 Dodge Ram with Nav and all. I'm not sure if I want something I've already had. The Ram is an amazing truck but when I only have the Ram I miss that sense of excitement that I get from crankin up an 11 sec car. The truck gets 16mpg around town and is very nice so doesn't make sense for me to get rid of it but you only live once! I rambled on so probably ran circles on myself but let me know what you're opinion is and if you have some other car or cars you'd like to suggest!

Thanks guys! (and some pics for your time)

04 KB Cobra

ChristmasEveWash013.jpg

ChristmasEveWash001.jpg

ChristmasEveWash019.jpg

03 Eaton w/ pulley, cai, exhaust, tune

2007_1109Image00831-1.gif

2007_1109Image00781-1.gif

09 GT500 w/ KR axleback

GT500a.gif

GT500.gif

08 Esclade

2009_1215Escalade0011-Copy.gif

10 Ram

DSCF84971.jpg

DSCF85041.jpg

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
The cheaper a car is to begin with the less it will lose in a year or two.

My personal feeling is that if you dont feel you will still want the car in a year or two you have no reason buying it to begin with. You have been through enough cars/trucks now to know what you enjoy driving. But that!:idea:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It sounds like you really like trucks but have a need for some weekend fun in a muscle car. IMO keep the truck you have since it's a 2010 and you're happy with it. Buy the C5 Z06 (with low miles if you can find one) and build it to your wants and needs. JMO.

MeetMeAtThePark

Force Fed Snake
Established Member
I'd keep the truck and mod out a z06 in that situation.

It sounds like you really like trucks but have a need for some weekend fun in a muscle car. IMO keep the truck you have since it's a 2010 and you're happy with it. Buy the C5 Z06 (with low miles if you can find one) and build it to your wants and needs. JMO.

Thanks guys that's what I've been leaning towards. I really like the 02 to 04 Z06's with cam and full exhaust. I'd try to buy it already modded to my taste.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
If you don't want to get a car that's going to lose value within a year then forget buying something new. Keep the truck and get a C5Z.

MeetMeAtThePark

Force Fed Snake
Established Member
If you don't want to get a car that's going to lose value within a year then forget buying something new. Keep the truck and get a C5Z.

Yeah I'm not going to get anything new, went that way with the truck and would have to take a big loss in order to sell it. I wish I knew more about the market on the C5Z's. I know the terminator and gt500 market like the palm of my hand and know how to buy right. I'll probably start watching the corvette forum's market to see what they are going for.

Ideally I'd want one with somewhat low miles, full exhaust, cammed, and prestine. Anybody know of any troublesome things to look for in those cars?

Users who are viewing this thread