reputable shops near va?

Add Name Here

Hook Damn It Hook
Established Member
I'd like to have some work done to my Shelby. I was thinking about the 13-6 package from revan and was thinking about a few other goodies but then found out how far away they are :( and unfortunately looks like lethal is just as far. Can anyone recommend a good shop closer to me? Thank you for any help

Ky GT500

Established Member
All I can offer is C&C Racecraft/London Chassis Dyno located in London Ky. They've done all my work except for the 13-6, which I did. Should be something in your area others would recommend. If not,,,Road Trip!!! :banana:

Add Name Here

Hook Damn It Hook
Established Member
Thank you for your response, I can tell you this, I am NOT driving all the way down there and back. I am trying to look into some kind of shipping but that's an entirely separate task in itself. I have a hard time handing my keys over to anyone let alone having it shipped across a few states and not being able to see her and my OCD won't let me rest thinking about scratches/swirls/chips ect. I'm sure the cost of that would be ridiculous anyway but both shops have such a good reputation I'm kinda stuck. :nonono: KY isn't that far, I am looking at their site now.

Last edited:

Ky GT500

Established Member
Thank you for your response, I can tell you this, I am NOT driving all the way down there and back. I am trying to look into some kind of shipping but that's an entirely separate task in itself. I have a hard time handing my keys over to anyone let alone having it shipped across a few states and not being able to see her and my OCD won't let me rest thinking about scratches/swirls/chips ect. I'm sure the cost of that would be ridiculous anyway but both shops have such a good reputation I'm kinda stuck. :nonono: KY isn't that far, I am looking at their site now.

PM sent!!

C&C Racecraft and London Chassis Dyno is the same place. Just depends on what you search for on the internet.

Last edited:

gasyone

Put Her In Jail!
Established Member
I'd like to have some work done to my Shelby. I was thinking about the 13-6 package from revan and was thinking about a few other goodies but then found out how far away they are :( and unfortunately looks like lethal is just as far. Can anyonerecommend a good shop closer to me? Thank you for any help[/QUOTe

I see your from Ashland. I am out of Powhatan. If I were to do anything in Richmond area, I would go to Performance Auto sports. They are in the industrial park behind Richmond Ford off Broad St. They did a dyno on my Roush and my Cobra. I just bought my Shelby and as soon as this dang snow melts I plan on getting it done. I am thinking the exact same thing you are 13-6. I did the same type of mods on my Roush myself and it wasn't too bad, first time I had done something like that. I may try it myself but if I were to have someone do it, it would definitely be them. You will not be disappointed....

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
If all you want is a 13-6 kit installed it would be pretty counter-productive to go to Kentucky. PAS in Richmond is the big Mustang shop in that area.

You might call them and see what they recommend. And for God's sake, no canned tune get it dyno-tuned. I don't think Jon Lund is very far away from you so consider that also.

Add Name Here

Hook Damn It Hook
Established Member
Thanks Ky, that is definitely something for me to think about! As already stated, I understand the 13-6 isn't a super hard install but I figured if I was gonna do anything I might as well add some extras most likely long tubes, possibly injectors and I just don't have the space or tools for that and yes I will definitely get it on a dyno. I don't need the fastest car out there but I want some extra power and if I'm gonna do it I want to do it all at once and have it done right. I wanted do have this stuff done the day I got it but didn't want to ruin the warranty but it will be two years in November and Ive only got 900 ish miles on her, what good is a warranty if I don't drive it ya know. This is turning into my old truck :nonono: and I really need to drive and enjoy her more so I just need to do it :beer:

Add Name Here

Hook Damn It Hook
Established Member
Didn't want to start a whole new thread, I'm still trying to figure out my best option here. I have been reading reviews and researching different shops (some local some not) for the last few days, Revan is still my first choice but for the little I'm having done the costs of shipping to them, even though I don't really know what it would cost just doesn't make sense. I'm looking to do the 13-6 with 65mm TB, plugs, upper pulley/idler, 10% OD pulley and AR non-cat H pipe headers. My main issue is that as I'm doing my research I have found some bad to downright horrific reviews for some shops. I won't post any names to the bad reviews I've seen and I understand its the internet and you will get some bad reviews anywhere you look but I have honestly never heard a single bad thing about Revan or their customer service. I don't mind taking a drive or paying a little more for quality but Florida is sooo damn far from me especially Wellington :( and these other shops could be fantastic but I'm anal (Giggity) when it comes to my vehicles and a bad review just worries me

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Every shop, tuner, installer is going to have a bad review one way or another.
You do have some viable options in your state.
I would strongly consider Performance Autosport, or maybe even calling Jay Tucker at
JLT Performance and getting his feedback.
Good luck on your quest.

RBB

Established Member
I can see why you wouldn't want to do the headers by yourself as it's kind of a pain in the ass without a lift (or even with one). However, the rest of those mods are a very easy DIY job. Shipping your car out of state or even taking it somewhere to have that done just seems crazy to me. If you don't have the space or tools then certainly you have a friend that could let you use his garage for a couple hours?

Do it yourself man, you'll learn a little bit about your car and probably have some fun in the process.

Last edited:

Ky GT500

Established Member
Can't say enough good about my guys here in Ky. Just swapped the axles out to Moser's Tuesday and nothing but top notch work,,granted it's not that big of mod,,still it's big to me,,you're working on my pride and joy. Birddoc has his car down there now undergoing a transplant,,,Dustin's build is being done by them,, Slowponycar has been using them as well. Van knows of them, Kelly at BMR knows of them. They have done great work for me and I will continue to use them for anything major that I need done,,,the simple stuff I can handle myself.

Add Name Here

Hook Damn It Hook
Established Member
Do it yourself man, you'll learn a little bit about your car and probably have some fun in the process.

Yeah i agree with you there and yes the LTs are out of my comfort zone. How sad is it that it makes me start looking at what else I can add in there to make myself feel better about taking it to a shop to have the work done :lol1: Ky, I'm still seriously thinking about C&C just wish there was more on the website. Do you have an address for them? In the meantime I'm gonna try searching for a shop maybe in MD or NC. I really appreciate everyone's help and I'm always open to any suggestions or input you guys may have :beer:

Ky GT500

Established Member
Look at their FB page; C&C Racecraft/ London Chassis Dyno ,,a lot of what they do is on there. Not sure of address,, just know how to get there. It's in London Ky off of exit 38 on I-75. I can get you an address if it's something you need.

PC03GT

Established Member
Yeah i agree with you there and yes the LTs are out of my comfort zone. How sad is it that it makes me start looking at what else I can add in there to make myself feel better about taking it to a shop to have the work done :lol1: Ky, I'm still seriously thinking about C&C just wish there was more on the website. Do you have an address for them? In the meantime I'm gonna try searching for a shop maybe in MD or NC. I really appreciate everyone's help and I'm always open to any suggestions or input you guys may have :beer:

Go to Revolution Auto in Rosedale Maryland. Adam Browne is an awesome tuner, and the guys there do great work!

Add Name Here

Hook Damn It Hook
Established Member
I don't have facebook :uh oh: I figure if I wanted to say in touch with you I would have lol thank you PC I will check them out!

PC03GT

Established Member
I don't have facebook :uh oh: I figure if I wanted to say in touch with you I would have lol thank you PC I will check them out!

Everything that comes out of that shop is bad ass. Adam tunes Vaughn Gittin's RTR car. They're finishing up a build for my buddy, 1000+ HP 03 cobra with a hellraiser kit

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread