Replacement Factory Parts are getting expensive!

Silverboost

Established Member
I just spent about a $120 on one exhaust manifold bolt (h-pipe) and 4 new rubber exhaust hangers! It's crazy what the prices are now as these pieces become obsolete.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
I have been noticing the same thing. I was amazed to see high prices being paid for things like the stock shift knobs. Last week I saw someone on this board asking over $200 for one side-view mirror, not that he got it lol. But nowadays, who knows.

But in your case, aren't those particular parts (rubber exhaust hangers and studs) available aftermarket through something like dorman?

ctgreddy

Established Member
I have been noticing the same thing. I was amazed to see high prices being paid for things like the stock shift knobs. Last week I saw someone on this board asking over $200 for one side-view mirror, not that he got it lol. But nowadays, who knows.

But in your case, aren't those particular parts (rubber exhaust hangers and studs) available aftermarket through something like dorman?

Yeah op you could have saved a loooot of money just going to oreilys or something. Neither of those parts are something that "need" to be oem.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member

Price on side view mirror seems about right. Depends on condition, but mint will go for more. I sold a pair for 425.

Franco

Established Member
Paid 65 bucks (dealer cost) for the exhaust manifold studs about a month ago. Thought it was outrageous, but I was in a bind and needed them

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Yep, I was looking for the very small PCV hose on the back of the drivers side valve cover. It's a step down hose that connects the PCV valve to the plastic tube that goes to the back of the supercharger. Mine was dry rotted and broken. The piece is only about an inch long. I couldn't find it anywhere. Then on Ebay I seen the complete set up (PVC valve, rubber hose and plastic tube. Cost $50). So, I spent $50 for a whole piece that I really only need 1 inch worth of it LMAO!!!!

Last edited:

Silverboost

Established Member
Yeah I should have did some price research first, but just said screw it as I was already on the phone and bit the bullet.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Yep, I was looking for the very small PCV hose on the back of the drivers side valve cover. It's a step down hose that connects the PCV valve to the plastic tube that goes to the back of the supercharger. Mine was dry rotted and broken. The piece is only about an inch long. I couldn't find it anywhere. Then on Ebay I seen the complete set up (PVC valve, rubber hose and plastic tube. Cost $50. So, I spent $50 for a whole piece that I really only need 1 inch worth of it LMAO!!!!

Yup I have that complete piece as well. Sitting in a box in the garage. I also have fog light bezels, and a new chin spoiler.

cj428mach

Established Member
I have a ton of spare stuff in the basement and I really probably need to buy more. Unfortunately i've only been smart enough to buy 1 spare of each part rather than buying multiple. I bought one brand new in box cobra shift knob for $42 shipped a year or two ago off ebay. Now people are selling them for $200+, I should have bought some extras lol.

03redfireSVT

Established Member
Yep, I was looking for the very small PCV hose on the back of the drivers side valve cover. It's a step down hose that connects the PCV valve to the plastic tube that goes to the back of the supercharger. Mine was dry rotted and broken. The piece is only about an inch long. I couldn't find it anywhere. Then on Ebay I seen the complete set up (PVC valve, rubber hose and plastic tube. Cost $50. So, I spent $50 for a whole piece that I really only need 1 inch worth of it LMAO!!!!
Haha I'm on eBay looking at that same hose debating to spend the money or just find a hose and fix it myself!

Dip Dungles

Pew Pew
Established Member
Premium Member
I have a ton of spare stuff in the basement and I really probably need to buy more. Unfortunately i've only been smart enough to buy 1 spare of each part rather than buying multiple. I bought one brand new in box cobra shift knob for $42 shipped a year or two ago off ebay. Now people are selling them for $200+, I should have bought some extras lol.

I'll give you $82 for that shift knob lol. I wanted one then saw the prices and said f that.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
What do you mean getting expensive? Parts for these car's have been expensive for quite some time. Unfortunately its the nature of the beast for a low production car that's 14 years old.

Do me a favor, try and find some original OEM wiper blades and let me know how you make out ;)

Users who are viewing this thread