Removing foam from front and rear bumpers..

Tarball

Established Member
Is there any need to keep it? it seems like dead weight, if you get in any accident over ~25mph I don't see them helping at all.

Bob Cosby

Established Member
I thought about taking mine out when I was racing. Took everything apart, got it off, and just shook my head. I'm something of a 'weight nazi', and it took me no time to realize it was absolutely not worth leaving it out, and as stated above, it does help keep the shape of the bumper.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
yeah and an accident under 25 mph they are the difference between a scuff and a huge body work bill

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
I thought about taking mine out when I was racing. Took everything apart, got it off, and just shook my head. I'm something of a 'weight nazi', and it took me no time to realize it was absolutely not worth leaving it out, and as stated above, it does help keep the shape of the bumper.

Front and rear combined might weigh a pound.

I agree with both Bob and Steve. Keep it, the pound or so is worth keeping the shape of the bumper at higher speeds.

02SVTV6

Established Member
exactly ^ do 1 of 3 things if not all...get more power, learn the driver mod, or lose weight yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread