Removing drivers side cam cover

Beercules

Established Member
Everything is up and running, but have a lot of oil behind the throttle plates now. I have added an oil separator (drivers side), and don't see oil in the exit.

There is a vacuum tube on the elbow (just behind the throttle) that goes down in a hole (it looks like) into the wheel well?
What is this line? Vacuum can? Can it be plugged without side effects?

Any other ideas where the oil can be coming from?

Bad Company

Established Member
Everything is up and running, but have a lot of oil behind the throttle plates now. I have added an oil separator (drivers side), and don't see oil in the exit.

There is a vacuum tube on the elbow (just behind the throttle) that goes down in a hole (it looks like) into the wheel well?
What is this line? Vacuum can? Can it be plugged without side effects?

Any other ideas where the oil can be coming from?
Are you sure that there wasn't a lot of oil sitting in the bottom of the lower intake manifold?

The reason I ask is there is what is known as a burp hose that pushes oil and water condensation out of the lower intake to the inlet of the supercharger under boost conditions. It is installed by Ford because of the PVC system sucking oil into the inlet. This oil than puddles under the intercooler in the lower intake manifold. The burp hose just completes the cycle of recirculating it in the hopes that it atomizes enough to be carried into a cylinder in the air stream to burn during high boost conditions.

I've been told if you want to forego this feature and plug the fittings off and rliminate the burp hose completely that it will raise boost by 1/2 psi.

This is a large diameter hose and goes from the inlet elbow of the SC to the lower intake manifold plate. I'm not sure if this is the hose you're talking about. It would be the only one carrying excessive oil back to the inlet of the SC, besides the PVC hoses.

Snoopy49

Established Member
SC Bubbler Hose

SC Bubbler Tube.jpg

Cut-away of the new improved flowing SC inlet plenum. This shows you where the bubbler tube dumps the scavenged oil.

Cut-away of the new improved flowing SC inlet plenum.jpg

Last edited:

Beercules

Established Member
Never heard of this. It's probably what I'm looking for. No idea how much is below the intercooler.

How big of a butt pain is it to remove the intercooler to clean up?

What's the theory behind it recirculating oil through the burp line more after cams than before? There's a lot more now than when I originally removed the throttle body.

Users who are viewing this thread