removal of chrome interior trim

alex12gt

Established Member
Is it possible without removing the whole dash, center counsel ext......if i have to glue them back in not a huge deal but id like to paint it all black ( hate chrome)

Thanks

gimpy2011

Established Member
Im pretty sure that almost everything just pulls off without tools. I have seen a diy write up that explained it all someplace but will have to dig to find it again.

*EDIT* this is how the chrome ring comes off once you get the vents out. I know on the 05-09 cars pretty much all the panels pop off without tools other than the airbag panel which has a few bolts on the bottom.

Last edited:

alex12gt

Established Member
Scratch that after looking at those instructions im gona have to pull the gauge cluster out at least

kona12

Established Member
they come off very easily they snap right in , but i say take off the whole panel rather than poppin them off on the dash you might damage them

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
pulling everything off its EASY i pulled everything off to do my vinyl and it took me like 10 mins to pull everything apart. chrome around the shifter is plastic welded together so you will need a soldering iron to put it back right if you dont have a plastic welder. you could wrap all the chrome in vinyl w/o pulling anything out of the car.

alex12gt

Established Member
Got it all taken out last night and got all the stuff prepped for paint......does anyone know how to take the airbag panel out? Id make it a lot easief getting it back together

I could plastic dip them but i think just reg paint will work fine here

Also thinking about painting the center chrome logo on the steering wheel but thats gona require a really good tape job

Last edited:

rm2092

Established Member
Just my 2 cents, I like the chrome plus I have the 401A interior wich does not have the aluminum dash panel so the chrome looks nice.

alex12gt

Established Member
All the parts are painted and i just need to get them back in only thing i didnt paint was the center counsol button because it gets a lot of touching so may just fond some vinyl for that ill try and post pics up tonight

Users who are viewing this thread