Remote works only within 10 feet of the car... How can I fix?

jbes3

Established Member
So when I go to lock/unlock my doors or open the trunk with my remote, I have to be within 10 feet of the car most of the time and sometimes, I have to open the door with the key. I have replaced the battery in the remote, and it works the same with either of my keys.

Has anyone else had this problem? Seems like it is on the receiver side of this setup. Any input would be appreciated. I don't want my car to spend the day at the dealership for a simple fix, if that's what it ends up being.

Thanks

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNND I put this in the Boss Forum. My apologies.

Last edited:

el jefe 302

Making all kinds of gainz
Established Member
I've never heard of this issue on these cars.

Mine stopped working twice in two + years, I think due to interference. It was a isolated incident for example I would press to open the trunk and it wouldn't work, I put the key in the ignition then try again and it would work...

Shaun@AED

My truck (2013 F150) started having some issues that required me to be very close to the vehicle and push the buttons multiple times for it to respond. I replaced the battery and all is well.

jbes3

Established Member
OK... So it was more like 20 feet. But....

I thought, well maybe it's a defective battery in the remote. I had another brand new battery here, put it in and tried it with the same results.

I just don't want to take it in and have the service manager park it 1000 meters away and it freaking works.

jbes3

Established Member
Did you try the other remote?

Yeah. I actually said that in the original post, but I called it a Key. LOL. I have tried both remotes though with fresh batteries and same results. I think I'll take it in next week and see if the dealership can come up with anything

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
Yeah. I actually said that in the original post, but I called it a Key. LOL. I have tried both remotes though with fresh batteries and same results. I think I'll take it in next week and see if the dealership can come up with anything

disconnect battery for 20 mis and try again?

94_Vert

Established Member
I had a srt4 with a diablosport trinity plugged in and it made the fob useless past 10ft. Is there anything that might be causing interference?

specizripn

Established Member
If you put the dongle up to your head it would double the range. I'm not even kidding. Not sure if the inside of the head amplifies the signal or if witchcraft is involved, but I can vouch that it definitely works :pop:

jbes3

Established Member
OK.. OK.. I've tried using myself as an antenna. It DOES work some. LOL. I took the intake/tune off the car to see if maybe that was causing the problem as I read something about the tune having an effect. IDK.

Anyhow, still same thing. I'm just going to trade it in for a new Camaro.

Users who are viewing this thread