Remote starter

MAStanger

Established Member
Has anyone installed or considered installing a remote starter in their Cobra? The Ford dealership where I ordered my 03 offers that as an option for cars with automatic transmissions, but not manual. Therefore, I started looking online for systems that will work with manual transmissions, and there are many (some user installed, some professionally). I have a question in to the dealer as to whether or not this will affect the factory warranty, since they do offer a slightly similiar product as an option. I was told it depends on the type of system (I need to dig a little deeper).

Just curious if anyone has any impressions (personal experiences, do's and dont's) on any of these products. Once the exhaust was modified to make it a little throaty, I think it would be cool to start it up while approaching the vehicle, and listen to it sit and burble.

Mike

03DOHC

Established Member
That'd be cool w/an auto, but I wouldn't park my manual car w/out putting it in gear! But that's just me.:)

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
MAStanger: read your PMs. I live in MA.. maybe we can hook up prior to you getting your cobra.

i8u

Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
That'd be cool w/an auto, but I wouldn't park my manual car w/out putting it in gear! But that's just me.:)

Exactly what I was thinking.:beer:

CobraDOHC

12 Second Z
Established Member
Most shops won't even install on Manual cars......I am considering getting one in the Z, but I normally park on flat ground so I only use the E-Brake anyways.....

Users who are viewing this thread