remote start

acrbill

Established Member
well ain't this a kick in the ****. A very helpful person on another forum saw this thread and has helped me out with a few questions since he is an installer. He actually has the same unit in his car and he used the PKALL. Oh well. LOL Another $60 down the drain.

acrbill

Established Member
Well I got it all buttoned up today except for the hood pin. I had every connection soldered except for the brake wire, I used a tap and it did not work so I had to contort myself a bit but I got it soldered up.

The PKALL does in fact work with the 2011. The only issue is that you have to follow the directions for the PKTX when you are programming it.

Lesson learned.... Leave this shit to the professionals unless you are a contortionist.

Benchracer

Established Member
I don't either Jay. That's one of the reasons I loved my RX-8. The tranny actually had a neutral safety built in, tapped my black/white from the remote starter to that, if it was in gear, I would turn the ignition on, see it was in gear and shut right down before crank. PITA to get to, but a life saver none the less.

I always wondered why car manufacturers never did this. I guess they did and I didnt know it. lol. You would think all of them would be doing this so they could sell this option on the manuals. I guess our society concentrates too much on smart phones to worry about simple switches anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread