Remote John Lund tune this week.

svtmadman

Established Member
I got a can tune from Van and it made 730rwhp BUT we now have a "hanging idle" around 1750 to 2000 rpms. It actually hung during a short drive through the country with the wife and baby. No biggies just clutched it and patted the throttle and it released. Sounded like a motorboat? (strange)

My guy at INTUNE and John go way back and they are doing a remote tune to locate the reason for this. Scott seems to think its "air"? Dont ask me...:shrug:

He swapped the brass KB TB gears for the stock TB plastic gears and it had no results. (He spoke to some people who have had problems out of these gears) At the end of the day he thinks its in the tune. We'll see.

He also seems to think the car will pick up HP once John lays his hands to it:coolman:

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Yeah I still have it. Haven't gotten around to catching up to Jon and see what the problem is. Every now and then in heavy traffic, when you stop and go a few times the idle goes to about 1800-2000. Hangs for exactly 7 seconds and falls back to about 850. Does it every now and then. Only thing that sucks about it is if it does it while taking off because it sounds like I can't drive lol. You push the clutch in and instead of the rpms falling back down between shifts they stay there at 2000. Kind of use to it now but will get it straightened out after I finish the gauge install.

Last edited:

raycutchins

Established Member
I had this problem and Jon told me I would on the day he tuned it. Next day he had a fix and it just like the stock setup. I highly recommend the remote tune that he offers. The most important part of doing this however is the datalogging. That tells him a lot about how "your" car is performing and where it needs attention.

By the way I have a L&M 72mm throttle body with a Whipple 2.9 and JLT 127mm CAI. I tell you this becuase I have seen where others have posted up saying that it can't be dialed in all the way and that is nonsense.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
same setup I was tuned in person. didnt show until I returned home and got stuck in traffic. to busy playing with it on the way back to notice

tommy s

Established Member
common issue on the big monoblade TB

I got the big monoblade and mine does it, turn the engine off and restart right away and probleme is gone !?? idles at 850rpm till I shut engine off .Funny thing it only started doing this about a month ago after I removed and cleane inlet tube and mass air of oil from pvc valve ..?

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
I have the L&M Dual 72mm. I was going to go the monoblade but Jon said that for street manners the Dual was better. Car drives like the factory. Actually a lot smoother. Can't even tell it's drive by wire. Just have the little hiccup every now and then. It clears up in 7 seconds exact. Will hit Lund up after my this week when the car is completely finished incase he needs any datalogging to be done.

svtmadman

Established Member
Well guys im happy to say Jon and Scott worked out the bug and seems to be in good shape. Pick her up tomorrow. Jon and Scott did find 20 more rwhp and 15 Tq!

After converting the Mustang Dyno numbers to Dynojet (according to Jon) im near 750rwhp!

Now time to buy driveshaft,clutch,Nitto DR and see what i can tear up!

D_ALLAN

Established Member
Well guys im happy to say Jon and Scott worked out the bug and seems to be in good shape. Pick her up tomorrow. Jon and Scott did find 20 more rwhp and 15 Tq!

After converting the Mustang Dyno numbers to Dynojet (according to Jon) im near 750rwhp!

Hey MADMAN I'm now at 725 on NT05R's stock clutch and havent broken anything but a few ego's:rockon: I did however get spanked once by a white car makin 1200:bowdown:

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
D - those tires hook for your power? What size are u running?
TIA

D_ALLAN

Established Member
Well sorta, I am running full BMR rear suspension with pinion at -2. tires are NTO5R 325/17. Only been on one track that was prepped pretty good but rack temp was upwards of 120. 60' that day was around 1.80's. On the street at 20 PSI first gear is like walking barefoot on glass. You have to ease your foot down or the tires bleed. Second is managable but chirping, third your WFO.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Thanks - I spin the 305/35 MTs on the 3-4 at 100 now........ looking for a better solution

svtmad - sorry for the jack

Yellow Horse

Established Member

Can you list your blower and other engine mods?

Was your engine stone cold when you made your pulls and did you ice anything? Do you know what you IAT's were?

Thanks,
Yeller

Last edited:

svtmadman

Established Member
The temps were on hot pulls, no ice numbers or any prep at all. We were tuning for bugs and drivablity really. IAT i have no idea what they were. My mods include:

1"3/4 AR Headers,MAc 3" no cats, Dual Fan HE, Heavy Duty Radiator, Lower thermostat, 72# injectors.

Pretty similar to your setup it looks like.

Users who are viewing this thread