Remote Clutch Master Cylinder Reservoir Install

BOSSPOWER

Established Member
I'm no expert but, as 13 Cobra Toy explains in the top post, the secondary reservoir separates clutch fluid from brake fluid. Doing so protects clutch performance from degrading when the brake fluid heats-up.

1+++

cobraboss

Established Member
Cobra Toy, I am doing this mod to mine and what nut size did you use on that factory stud. To me it doesn't look like threads on that stud. Need help. Tks

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
that wilwood kit is pretty small. im sure us 07-09 guys could find somewhere to squeeze it in

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Here are a few more pictures. I installed this one on my friends Boss today.

No need to cut the hose from the clutch master cylinder to the reservoir.

IMG_0597.jpg
IMG_0598.jpg

IMG_0601.jpg

did the factory hose fit right on the nipple of their reservoir? do you know what size the hose is? i found some other reservoirs but need to see if they have the right size

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
i found the parts online. same parts Wilwood uses. they just put their Wilwood cap on it. im going to have a fabricator friend look at it and see if he can come up with a fitment to make it work on 07-09 GT500s. i want one for my car.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
it also appears that the Shelby version for sale at AM is just a Wilwood tank with shelby's own custom bracket added on. for $150 more lol
http://www.americanmuscle.com/shelby-isoclutch-reservoir-1014.html

if you look in the customer pics, you'll see that the Shelby res used to be aluminum. then they started using these plastic wilwood tanks. prob cut their cost way down.

Users who are viewing this thread