reman engine question

03svt4life

Established Member
My buddy is looking to put new cobra motor in his gt but he is saying the guy who is selling the motor says it has no miles and was made this year but still has forged internals? i thought they do not have forged internals anymore?

Ironhand

Banned
Ford still sells reman motors and is doing quite well with them. And yes they have forged internals and are made to indentical factory specs as the original motors. Even the N/A Aluminators have a fully forged bottom end.

silverserpant

Established Member
The iron block reman from ford has fully forged internals and the revised heads.Should be better than original with the spark plug thread and cooling upgrades. I think Tousley sells them for $3700 plus core.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Lots of guys on here have used the Reman from Tousley with success including High Boost twin screws PLUS there's a Nice warranty on em..

silverserpant

Established Member
hmm interesting... so how hard is it to do the swap? I am the one looking at buying the motor.

you are almost better off finding a donor car as all the little bits and pieces will nickel and dime you to death. The swap is pretty straight forward but there are not to many engine parts interchangable and the long block only includes pan, valve covers, front cover, heads and the filled block. You will need to source everything else but the market here is a great place to start looking.

If you check MPS salvage on ebay they will show you the kit that you need to do the swap and they want 11 grand for it.

03 04 MUSTANG COBRA 4.6 V8 ENGINE TREMEC T56 CONVERSION: eBay Motors (item 140415394694 end time Aug-08-10 16:35:51 PDT)

Users who are viewing this thread