Relocating to So. Cal, registration ?

VenomVeins

Established Member
Is there anyway you can relocate to the Orange County or San Diego coast at this point?

If not, I actually feel sorry for you. Rancho Cucamonga and Corona/Riverside/Norco are all part of the Inland Empire, which is a total and complete shithole of an area in SoCal. All of it. Alot of my family live all over SoCal, about half of them in L.A. and the other half in the I.E., including my brother and 3 uncles and aunts (in RC, Corona, and Ontario). All of them are total armpits filled with an inordinate amount of human garbage that you will want to leave from the second you hit either Newport, Huntington, or Laguna Beach.

Trust me, if you and your wife are really making the $$$, look into the O.C./San Diego coastal cities. The I.E. is for people who cannot afford to live at the killer SoCal beaches. If you gave every one of them the choice, they would be in a coastal community. Period.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
and a great mustang shop is located in rancho, GTR. where bob kurgan comes to do tuning for so cal.
you're pretty close to big bear and not too far from the beaches either. you're further away from LA so not as packed nor as expensive. you could probably buy twice the house/property out there from where i live. which is about half of what my buddy pays IN LA near the airport/beaches. if you guys will both be working in that area then you'll be golden. if you have to commute towards LA/OC then you will be :cryying: lol. especially if you have to take the 91. ugh!

youre also much closer to Vegas then us Angelenos. youre right near the 15 which is the main highway up to vegas. also not too far from san diego either.

$300 isnt bad for registration. at one point they were triple what they are now. i believe it was ahnold who came in terminated the registration rape. but they get you plenty of other ways. and fwiw, the folks at the dmv use the "honor system" for when you bring your car into state. they dont require any proof. ive known people who relocated here and drove around in their out of state cars for years. just keep it current back at home.
or course, the DMV now has a hotline to snitch on people who are doing that. just dont make any enemies lol.

numbnutz

Established Member
Rancho is a nice city to live in. A lot of nice places to eat and Victoria gardens for shopping. There's a place called Ways car registration services in rancho where you can register your cars without the hassle of going to the stupid packed DMV. Makes things a lot easier.

Southern California is a beautiful place to live in and the weather year around is awesome, can't beat it. Good luck with everything.

Yeah, RC is pretty nice. Thanks man. :thumbsup:

Is there anyway you can relocate to the Orange County or San Diego coast at this point?

If not, I actually feel sorry for you. Rancho Cucamonga and Corona/Riverside/Norco are all part of the Inland Empire, which is a total and complete shithole of an area in SoCal. All of it. Alot of my family live all over SoCal, about half of them in L.A. and the other half in the I.E., including my brother and 3 uncles and aunts (in RC, Corona, and Ontario). All of them are total armpits filled with an inordinate amount of human garbage that you will want to leave from the second you hit either Newport, Huntington, or Laguna Beach.

Trust me, if you and your wife are really making the $$$, look into the O.C./San Diego coastal cities. The I.E. is for people who cannot afford to live at the killer SoCal beaches. If you gave every one of them the choice, they would be in a coastal community. Period.

I agree there are parts of the I.E. that are shitty but what big city doesn't have them? Chicago surely does. Trust me, if SD was an option I'd be all over it but our employer is in the I.E.

and a great mustang shop is located in rancho, GTR. where bob kurgan comes to do tuning for so cal.
you're pretty close to big bear and not too far from the beaches either. you're further away from LA so not as packed nor as expensive. you could probably buy twice the house/property out there from where i live. which is about half of what my buddy pays IN LA near the airport/beaches. if you guys will both be working in that area then you'll be golden. if you have to commute towards LA/OC then you will be :cryying: lol. especially if you have to take the 91. ugh!

youre also much closer to Vegas then us Angelenos. youre right near the 15 which is the main highway up to vegas. also not too far from san diego either.

$300 isnt bad for registration. at one point they were triple what they are now. i believe it was ahnold who came in terminated the registration rape. but they get you plenty of other ways. and fwiw, the folks at the dmv use the "honor system" for when you bring your car into state. they dont require any proof. ive known people who relocated here and drove around in their out of state cars for years. just keep it current back at home.
or course, the DMV now has a hotline to snitch on people who are doing that. just dont make any enemies lol.

Yes, I'm well aware of GTR. I'll probably have them swap out my O/R X pipe to a catted mid pipe so I can pass emissions. I already have an AED tune with my Paxton so I'm good in that dept. Thanks guys.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
meh, lived in Rancho ten years ago and loved it. Its not the same as a beach community, but you could do a lot worse (parts of Fontana, Norco, Ontario, Riverside, Chino, etc.). Try Alta Loma...living north of the 215 would be optimal, at least that's what we found when we lived there. Chino smells like cow shit.

numbnutz

Established Member
I would love to live in a beach town but it's not happening. I would rather drive an hour than have to book a flight and come back here.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I live in So-cal, and as said earlier $305 isn't bad for here. I was actually expecting a little higher. It will go down slowly every year so at least you have that lol. My '01 I think cost me $104 this year. I think registration fees on our new '14 fusion was like $330 when we bought it or somewhere around there. not entirely sure.

Users who are viewing this thread