Relocate\cats

calebnumber3

Established Member
Hey guys i have tried to search, but i think my computer is messed up. everytime i search it says wait 60 seconds, even if i wait 30 min soon as i hit search it say wait 60 seconds. Anyways i was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of the thread that shows how and where the o2's need to be relocated to run E85 with long tubes? Is relocating them i pretty big issue? like if the header is already on the car will it have to be taken off to relocate the o2?

Also I cant decide if i want to go catless or highflow. Are there any noticable performance differences between going catless or with highflows? Would I run into issues running E85 with high flows? Do the o2's still need relocated if your running a highflo cat?

I know its a lot of questions, but search isnt working for me for some reason. Thanks everyone

hitmix300

Established Member
Hey guys i have tried to search, but i think my computer is messed up. everytime i search it says wait 60 seconds, even if i wait 30 min soon as i hit search it say wait 60 seconds. Anyways i was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of the thread that shows how and where the o2's need to be relocated to run E85 with long tubes? Is relocating them i pretty big issue? like if the header is already on the car will it have to be taken off to relocate the o2?

Also I cant decide if i want to go catless or highflow. Are there any noticable performance differences between going catless or with highflows? Would I run into issues running E85 with high flows? Do the o2's still need relocated if your running a highflo cat?

I know its a lot of questions, but search isnt working for me for some reason. Thanks everyone
my tuner recommended cat delete if your car is going to be NA (at least for awhile). I would guess the better flow is very beneficial for this 32v motor. if you run a high flow cat i would imagine the package you get will already have the bung welded in for the sensor. should be a peice of cake no matter what method you choose. if you go catless after headers your midpipe will need a bung to screw in your O2 or remove the sensor?

also are you talking about aftermarket headers or the stock manifold/shortys?

i just installed the jegs cat delete on my car last night. the passenger side bolts were kinda a pain but i got it handled. if you look @ the image they have a bung welded in there for your O2 that is originally behind the cat.

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performance-Products/555/30580/10002/-1?parentProductId=1593009

Last edited:

calebnumber3

Established Member
I am doing aftermarket long tubes. I know i have read in the past that with long tubes and running E85 the is a problem with condensation, and the o2's have to be relcocated, or angled diffrently. I cant remember exactly and im not being able to search.

thanks for your input on the catless. are high flow cats really that much more restrictive the catless?

momogt

Established Member
i have high flowcats that i had welded in a different location my car ran better and sound better with high flows i used 3 inch thunder bolt cats from performancecurves.com 98.00 for a set and they are doing fine had them on my 02 gt

Users who are viewing this thread