Relo bracket headache

Clipboard

Established Member
i ordered some CHE relocation brackets about 2 months ago and just decided to put them on...when i recieved them they looked really well made and stout.

Go to install them; WHAT A PAIN!!

try the driver side first....wont slide on, so i clamp the oem LCA bracket a little and push it on...next...bolt holds wont line up...screw that side...

go to the passenger side...bolt holes wont line up. Ok so i grab my dremel and grind a little away at a time.....one side took 45 minutes because i didnt want to grind off to much. FINALLY LINES UP.

back to the drive side...look at the bolt holes where the bolt goes through the oem bracket..neither of them line up. Stick a smaller bolt through it to see how it would effect the bracket. Lower the car and watch the flex as the GF backs the car off of the blocks of wood and then forward as i watch...goes forward and PAH; bracket bends to all hell so i just pull it off and have $120 in metal in my garage. I took my steeda billet LCA's off as well because of too much gear whine coming into the cabin...

Now im looking at Whiteline or BMR. Whiteline LCA's because of their new bushings and BMR because alot of people recommend them; anyone have any issues with whiteline Relo brackets not fitting?

BMR Tech

Sorry to hear this. I replied to you on another forum.

If you have any questions, let me know!

Zevox

Established Member
My passenger side BMR bracket was just a tiny bit off where the bolt holes wouldn't line up. I just bent the long piece that goes up the backside of the axle and all the holes lined up perfect. Minor problem easily fixed. My driver side was perfect and I know of two other guys locally that have the BMR relo brackets that went on no problems. The one I got must have been welded a minuscule off so I wouldn't let my experience steer you away.

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
Installed BMR brackets a couple months ago and no issues at all. Rear is square and I plan on welding them when I weld the tubes. Everything is BMR under my rear. Giggity... Wouldn't have it any other way :D

cb900f

Established Member
I did mine last Friday. They were the BMR ones. All holes lined up.
Did the BMR lower control arms also. :banana:

:beer:

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
Yeah I had the same issue with my CHE brackets then the LCAs I had rubbed the bracket. Beefy as hell but decided to pick up some BMR brackets. We'll see.

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
Perfect fitment with Whiteline. Wish I had more of their stuff after the install.

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
Perfect fitment with Whiteline. Wish I had more of their stuff after the install.

I can probably sell you my whiteline lower control arms....they've been on my car for 3000 miles and have cut a 1.47 60ft with them. I just want to get something more for drag as I will be making a couple hundred more hp in a couple of months. PM if your interested.

Clipboard

Established Member
just ordered BMR from all the recommendations, thought it would be appropriate for the BMR springs i have.

Oh and if you ever want great customer service...call kelly

Nuar

Established Member
BMR FTW. ;)

OP/Customer has some nice pretty Red CAB005's on the way to him, now.

x2 :D

IMAG0169_zps6f17e39c.gif

Damn winter, hurry up and go away!

BMR Tech

Clipboard, I am going to assume many people who read through this will be able to give you some feedback on the increased NVH from those TCA019 LCA. Hopefully they chime in.

Nuar

Established Member
scale one to ten.
one being stock quiet, to ten being obnoxiously loud, how much did it increase?
I'm curious myself.

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
Ditto on the NVH. Nothing bad at all. I can hear very faint noises at low speeds (20mph and less) while rolling, no radio, no AC and the clutch pressed in. I haven't noticed any other noises at anything above ~20mph

To answer NUAR: 2, maaaaybe a 3

The misses never noticed so it's all good in my book... :D

Last edited:

BMR Tech

Yeah I had the same issue with my CHE brackets then the LCAs I had rubbed the bracket. Beefy as hell but decided to pick up some BMR brackets. We'll see.

I expect some feedback in this thread, after you experience the BMR Difference. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread