Reichard Racings new 2.65 03 cobra pully

SVTim

Beer Me!
Established Member
there were a couple of threads about but i couldnt find anybody that had any results. There was a little more information about on mod fords.

I am probably going to be swapping out my 2.8 for the 2.65. im currently at 13lbs so i plan that bringing me up to around 15.

wheelhopper

Established Member
The smaller you go, the more likely you will get some belt slip. I think I would just install a 2# lower. As a matter of fact that is what I did.

dougwg

Established Member
We are testing the 2.65 interchangable rings right now....

Much cheaper then doing a lower and it only takes 5 min's to install.....if you already have a BilletFlow hub.

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
wheelhopper said:
The smaller you go, the more likely you will get some belt slip. I think I would just install a 2# lower. As a matter of fact that is what I did.

I wouldn't go that route...

You will peg your BAP and MAF quicker with a lower, not to mention you will need a alt. pulley to.

Although Tq. #'s will be better i would imagine

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Either way works fine, although adding a larger lower usually yields more torque. It is more a personal preference. There are many here who swear by the upper/lower combo. Others prefer to go with the smallest upper available. Pick your poison. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread