refused warranty repair

SVTADVISOR

The Cobra Doctor
Established Member
[. I get a call today saying that they will not work on it due to It having an expensive paint job...(scared of the liability)I tell the guy thats rediculous, and that I will be right over to discuss the matter. The service manager comes out lookin for a fight by saying he can decide whether to fix , or not fix any car.

That is the craziest thing I have ever heard to deny working on someone's car! In my 15 years as a Service Advisor I have never seen or heard of such a load of crap! As everyone else has pointed out it's good that they didn't work on your car and if that's the way the Service Manager acts towards customers, its likely he'll being looking for a job soon! It's Bonehead Dealers like this that make the rest look bad.

Last edited:

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
Good dealer service is hard to find....I guess I'm lucky because my dealer (Arlington Heights Ford) is literally 1 minute from my house. I took my car in for the TOB making noise and they were totally honest....they said they didn't hear anything....on the lift...on the ground....on the road. They said it may squeek intermittently....it sucks, but is kind of normal, but they don't wanna rip into it unless theres a real problem (wow, a dealer that actually cares!). When I leave my car them...they pull it inside and put it in the air when its not getting worked on.....don't let one sour grape ruin the bunch.

ur bittn

By the snake
Established Member
Hate to sound like an A$$ but why would you take a Cobra to any other dealer BUT a SVT Dealership?:shrug:

BLU-BLZ 03SNAKE

Built Up Tension!
Established Member
thats bull shit. does ford think you (or anyone for that matter) would have bought this car if they said: "now normally, this car comes with a warranty, but since your paint is more expensive, we must void this warranty before you even buy this car". id get to suein!
jay.

mj8

Established Member
I can second the Town and Country post. Very good place to take it, they don't care about mods, heck most of the time the techs want to talk to you about them.

03Cobra_JT

War Eagle
Established Member
RB88

It was great to meet you the other night:beer: I can't believe this crap, i have the same problem with the creak and i've also heard good things about Town and Country. That's where i'll be taking mine next week.

03SilverBullet:

Were you already pullied when they replaced the clutches for you, that sounds great if they will warranty a pullied car:rockon:

JamesPhipps

I had issues like this with warranty work and to get it fix it seems that you have to corner them and then they squirm into give up to do what you need fixed . Deal with the ford hotline and complain they will get it done

redsvtcobra

Established Member
What does the creak sound like exactly? When I turn the wheel to the left while going real slow, it squeeks. I remember one of my GT's doing that and it turned out to be the tie rod ends which were replaced under warranty :shrug:

fordracing19

Established Member
Lincoln merc dealers can not work on svt or diesel vehicles. I am a tech at a lincoln/mercury/mazda dealer and had to take my svt across the street to the ford house. It came back half assed cleaned and still have the clunk in the rear and I had told the s/a that I had the bolts at our shop. Really sucks since I hear burnout storys in mach 1's about the place. I prefer and am more certifed to work on fords/mazda than most of the guys over there.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Originally posted by redsvtcobra
What does the creak sound like exactly? When I turn the wheel to the left while going real slow, it squeeks. I remember one of my GT's doing that and it turned out to be the tie rod ends which were replaced under warranty :shrug:

:read: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=114263

apparently, the best fix is to weld the bolt collar to the subframe...thanks, SVTADVISOR :beer:

Last edited:

Ryan.K.

VOLENS ET POTENS
Established Member
That is absolutely ridiculous, i would have said more than what you said, your a better man than I.

Users who are viewing this thread