Redeye 9.29@145 E85

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
Pretty cool. Looks like track prep was pretty good, didn't spin at all! I don't wanna say it was a running start but it hopped then launched. Different for sure. 9.29 is smokin!
It started to push through the brakes so he let it go, no funny business...

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
Heres the deal with the diff.

We caused the problem as far as we are concerned. We're strongly considering putting stock axes back in it and letting it eat.

Here's what happened:

We had a few other vehicles out there with us, including an L5P Duramax on like 37" tires.
Due too poor planning, it was making passes in between the Redye passes. After maybe 2 passes, it had ripped up so much of the starting line that you could see the visible grooves that no longer had anything sticky in them from the truck ripping it up. It wasn't bad for the 9.29 pass, but by the time we let it cool off and loaded the hot tune, the 'groove' was gone and we tried to line up to the side where there was still fresh bite. Our belief is that we missed the groove and the drivers side tire spun a bit on the hit and took the axle with it.
Had we lined up a little further to the side we think it would have been fine.

New rule, if we need to do testing on big trucks, they can wait until the afternoon :)

No coincidence that SRTMush's Demon killed the same axle in almost the same manner 10 minutes later. Lesson learned.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
What’s it cost to rent a track for a day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Alot :)

I am not sure exactly, and we have a yearly deal with them where we rent it 6 times a year, plus we've added track sponsorship to the deal for 2020, so the number is probably a bit muddy...

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Alot :)

I am not sure exactly, and we have a yearly deal with them where we rent it 6 times a year, plus we've added track sponsorship to the deal for 2020, so the number is probably a bit muddy...

I figured as much. Must be SWEET to be able to have the track all to yourself. Congrats on the times. Can’t wait to see you guys crack into the 8’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread