REDALERT's back on the road...

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
She's been down for a long 4 months but I finally trailered 'er home from Jason's (TRBO VNM/CSS) yesterday afternoon!! When I got home I took her off the trailer and immediately went cruising...:rockon: Man Oh Man did it feel good getting back on the road again! Adding the MAC LT's & uncatted prochamber to go along with my MAC catbacks has definately given her a new & improved sound. Thanks for the recommendation Ken! Even with Jon Lund's conservative break-in tune I can tell she's ready to get back down the 1/4 mile now and start setting some RDALERT (yes I did get vanity plates!) personal bests...:burnout:

A BIG thanks to Jason@CSS for the removal of the blown stock engine and install of my Al Papitto/Boss 330 racing Teksid longblock, upgrading the fuel lines, adding the modded top hat with the GT Pumps & 2 FPDM's, along with the boost guage & JLT's 12" fenderwell cai. Jason is very thorough & detailed with his work! I highly recommend him! Also a big thanks to Big Lou with cleaning the blower & intercooler, helping with the removal and install, and tackling the LT Header's!

Time to head back out and put some more break-in miles on 'er then up to have her fine tuned by Lund Racing...:rolling:

Last edited:

Venimus03

Established Member
SRT10ETR said:
i guess i missed it. how did you blow up your old motor?
500 1/4mile passes. lol

Antex said:
He said the heads were a disaster area! On one side there were 2 roasted exhaust valves. The seats had fallen out and tore up the #2 & #4 pistons. On the other side the #8 piston was shot as well due to none other than the Dead exhaust seats. Also some of the intake valve seats fell out too!! He told me this wasn't the 1st time he has witnessed this with the early 03 heads. I was hoping to have had more time on the stock motor with the 2.6KB but oh well. I didn't think the heads would've gone first.

Congrats Matt, let us know when the first track day is. :burnout:

TRBO VNM

the throttle response is amazing on a fine tuned motor. I couldn't believe it. Jon Lund told me about it with his, but man I couldn't believe how smooth and quick the throttle response was. I should have taken it for my own drive, but I only got to pull it on the trailor. I tapped it going up the driveway and you can tell it just wanted to unleash.

remember to get it back down here Matt. need to check tq's and stuff after you have some miles on it. I prefer before it gets fine tuned by jon. I just want to go over all the major components again.

wheelhopper

Established Member
Sweet. When are we going to Capital for some trial runs? I am eager to race.

Let me know when you go to get your tune done. I should have my injectors, 2800 meter, and lower pulley on by then. I'll need a tune myself.

RedfireBeast

MACA Member #29
Established Member
With the addition of the chrome moly k-member for weight reduction and the new motor by Boss330, long tube headers, no cats, new fuel system I see 10.0's with ease without even pushing it. If you add a solid axle, 5-gallon ice box...look out. :beer:

I'm glad you are staying with the 6-speed. It was fun helping you and Jason with the removal and reinstall. Sorry I could not be there fro the final steps. Now that it is done we can look back say it was easy. :rockon:

Before the season starts and once it gets warm I will have to offer my services and do a complete exterior detail on "RDALERT" so she looks prestine at the track and crusing.:D

I must say Jason (Turbovnm) CCS has really become a large asset to the MACA and Cobra community with his complete services on all cobra models.:beer: :rockon:

micksnip

Established Member
JRS BLOWN SNAKE said:
Excellent !!!!!! Can't wait to drive it..er...see it..yeah, that's it..see it..lol..

Congrats Matt..

Hey JR-

On another more pressing matter, how is Big John after his aneurism surgery? I've been praying for no permanent damage. Let us know, will ya, big guy?

Micksnip

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Antex said:
She's been down for a long 4 months but I finally trailered 'er home from Jason's (TRBO VNM/CSS) yesterday afternoon!! When I got home I took her off the trailer and immediately went cruising...:rockon: Man Oh Man did it feel good getting back on the road again! Adding the MAC LT's & uncatted prochamber to go along with my MAC catbacks has definately given her a new & improved sound. Thanks for the recommendation Ken! Even with Jon Lund's conservative break-in tune I can tell she's ready to get back down the 1/4 mile now and start setting some RDALERT (yes I did get vanity plates!) personal bests...:burnout:

A BIG thanks to Jason@CSS for the removal of the blown stock engine and install of my Al Papitto/Boss 330 racing Teksid longblock, upgrading the fuel lines, adding the modded top hat with the GT Pumps & 2 FPDM's, along with the boost guage & JLT's 12" fenderwell cai. Jason is very thorough & detailed with his work! I highly recommend him! Also a big thanks to Big Lou with cleaning the blower & intercooler, helping with the removal and install, and tackling the LT Header's!

Time to head back out and put some more break-in miles on 'er then up to have her fine tuned by Lund Racing...:rolling:

Only 4 months? Pfft. Come talk to me once it's been 3 years....:poke:

So when you gonna give that thing a nice long break in run up to my place? How hard has it been to keep the right foot off the floor?

Users who are viewing this thread