stangfan

When in doubt.. Floor it!
Established Member
Enjoy...

Pic 1
Calipers_Cropped.gif

Pic 2
Calipers_Cropped2.gif

This picture makes it look a little more 'orange' than it actually is. The color matches pretty well with the Cobra R rim center cap.

Now I just need to do the rears...

Last edited:

snakebite03

Established Member
I don't see the Cobra writing,Why not use A razor blade and remove the paint off the letters? Nice other than that

stangfan

Established Member
Once the paint fully cures, I'm going to tape up the calipers and paint the cobra letters silver (or black - I haven't decided yet). I had to put 3 coats of red paint to get it 'right' so the paint is still a tad bit - tacky in some spots after 24 hours of drying.

I tried the razor blade thing before I put them back on today... I think I'll be better off with painting them.

Kershaw

Established Member
just an idea that worked well for me in the past is to go to a craft store and purchase a silver felt tip paint pen and color em in! There is about 100 diferent colors to chose from at about 3 dollars apiece

stangfan

Established Member
Good idea Kershaw.

Did the felt tip trick hold up to the heat of the brake calipers? Did it run/smear at all?

Toplesss

Established Member
I painted mine all Black. Then took my Dremel with a wire wheel and sanded off the paint where it says cobra. The I used a model paintbrush to paint the letters red. Has 10K miles and the paint still shines and cleans up like new. :)

various_pics_028.jpgrevised.jpg

Squeeler92

Hey, both look sweet!

I was wondering how the 00 R Wheels would look on the 03Cobra...could you take an angle shot of the cobra so you can see the entire car and wheels?

Thanks man...

Kershaw

Established Member
They hold up to the heat but the chemicals are harsh on the finish over time. After you are all done and you got it how you like just hit them with a couple coats of clear enamel for a long shiney finsh wash after wash!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I like how the red in the Cobra 'R' insert compliments the red calipers.

SmithAtlanta

Established Member
I can vouch that they are real since I'm still getting some of the brake dust off my hands from helping Stangfan out with the project.

The final product looks great, Tim.

SVTHorsnake

Banned
Originally posted by Toplesss
I painted mine all Black. Then took my Dremel with a wire wheel and sanded off the paint where it says cobra. The I used a model paintbrush to paint the letters red. Has 10K miles and the paint still shines and cleans up like new. :)

various_pics_028.jpgrevised.jpg

I've been trying to do that... what paint did you use that went on with out layering and getting all sh*tty and not coming off after?

stangfan

Established Member
I like how the red in the Cobra 'R' insert compliments the red calipers.

That's exactly what I wanted! I chose the color of red paint that I felt matched the red of the 'R' center cap.

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
i painted mine red too and used 400 grit sandpaper (wet) and sanded the cobra off. I did the caliper red and the bracket that holds it in black. looks really good.
the next day i saw a front set of calipers on ebay for like $300.
I did the same thing for about 2 hours of time and 10 bucks in paint and sand paper.

cant get my pics on here. always says its to big of a file. I dont know how to make them smaller.
J

Users who are viewing this thread