reckless opps :(

Cobrakid2006

We Are VENOM
Established Member
well I got a Reckless opps ticket about 3 weeks ago(yeah i know...stupid me) in a small small town. well the story is this...i was trying to find my way home and got lost so i turned around at this general store(small town lol) and kinda panic for a bit so i turned around and gunned it out not knowing there was a cop and wasn't paying attention and next thing i know theres lights behind me. so i pull over of course and he said he clocked me doing a 96 in a 35! which i donno if i was going that fast but prolly was. he was pretty amazed that i got up to speed that fast and was asking questions about my car and he started talkin about his 97 LT1 camaro lol but he said he has to give me a ticket and i have to go to court the 15th or april. so i asked to see the radar twice during our convo but he kept putting it off and then he said he dosen't have it. so i donno whats gonna happen to me in court. i got 2 speeding tickets last year around feb. but what do u guys think what kind of shit i'm in? just a guess... I'm gonna get a public defender cause i suck trying to speak for myself. any advice? well just let me know. i hope i can get to and from work driving at least :( thanx guys

Cobrakid2006

We Are VENOM
Established Member
oh and the cop was cutting me a lil slack by sending me to a marrige court instead of a court that handles traffic stuff. so lucky me Woo woo lol...NOT

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Sorry there isnt much advice, you admitted to the all the elements of the charge. I would check but most places dont offer public defenders for misdemeanor trials. Additionally, if with an attorney, you would need a plausible defense.

Cobrakid2006

We Are VENOM
Established Member
gottca. but i had a lawyer for my Drag racing charge 4 years ago and that was misdemeanor i believe oh well though. theres more to life then fast cars i suppose...

ZChaos0026

Established Member
I can't speak for Ohio, but in FL, i dont have to show you my RADAR. That's one of those urban myths just like the one where we have to have lights on while sitting on the side of the road.

Cobrakid2006

We Are VENOM
Established Member
o ok thanx for clearing that up....i'm just gonna be careful next time and this is a leason well learned. and yes i had a lawyer not defender

FordSVTFan

Established Member
o ok thanx for clearing that up....i'm just gonna be careful next time and this is a leason well learned. and yes i had a lawyer not defender

You can hire a lawyer for a misdemeanor, but you are not entitled to a public defender. They are both lawyers but there is a difference.

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
I got a reckless a while back and it was 8 points and $345. Oh yea, it was my first offence too.

GT_Jim

Established Member
I had a public defender for a speeding/reckless/racing ticket one time. It probably a state to state kind of deal.

FordSVTFan

Established Member
I had a public defender for a speeding/reckless/racing ticket one time. It probably a state to state kind of deal.

I dont know of any state that currently provides for such. In the past few years most states P.D. budgets have been cut and run out before the end of the year. Therefore they cant afford to provide P.D.s for civil infractions and misdemeanors.

I am guessing this occurred quite a few years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread