Recently purchased a GT500

drummerboy988

Established Member
A couple weeks ago I purchased a 2010 GT500. I got it from a dealership for (imo) a good price due to it being winter in PA, and they wanted to get rid of it. The car has 16k Miles, a full BMR suspension on it, K&N intake, 2.6 pulley and tune. I got the contact information of the previous owner and talked to him. He said he did not have the dyno sheet anymore but it had around 530 RWHP. All receipts of the after market parts and tune were included as well as the stock parts.

The car runs great, although I did not get to drive it much before putting it away for the winter. I can't wait until spring comes around. It looks new inside and out. I would attach images, but I don't see how to. Can anyone tell me how to?

limitedex

Love me some SVT
Established Member
Welcome! That must be tough to buy a new toy and not be able to play. I lived in Erie, PA for five years i remember! Can't say the same now as an Okie... It was 50, dry, and sunny today.

ur bittn

By the snake
Established Member
A couple weeks ago I purchased a 2010 GT500. I got it from a dealership for (imo) a good price due to it being winter in PA, and they wanted to get rid of it. The car has 16k Miles, a full BMR suspension on it, K&N intake, 2.6 pulley and tune. I got the contact information of the previous owner and talked to him. He said he did not have the dyno sheet anymore but it had around 530 RWHP. All receipts of the after market parts and tune were included as well as the stock parts.

The car runs great, although I did not get to drive it much before putting it away for the winter. I can't wait until spring comes around. It looks new inside and out. I would attach images, but I don't see how to. Can anyone tell me how to?

Welcome! you need to host the pics on another site, this one works ok.http://imgur.com/ register them down load your pics then copy and paste them with
after.

drummerboy988

Established Member
Welcome! you need to host the pics on another site, this one works ok.http://imgur.com/ register them down load your pics then copy and paste them with
after.

Thanks, Here are a couple pics I took before putting it away. The orange mustang is a friends supercharged 2015 GT.

As far as upgrades, I would like to get some drag radials to use at the drag strip as I have found that getting traction is not easy with these. I have a pair of 17" rims from a 99 GT I use to own, would they work fine for putting radials on for strictly the drag strip, or would you recommend something that I can fit wider tires on?

I am also thinking about a MGW short shifter, although I read on here that you can replace the handle with a hurst and it is much better than stock. A VMP TVS is in my plans eventually, but that won't happen this summer.

The car has a Roush catback, and K&N intake. Is it worth it to go with a JLT intake and add Kooks headers and a mid pipe?

The hood pins are just attached with an adhesive, I was considering taking them off, but I am afraid the paint under them will look a little different since red fades fast, so I am undecided on that.

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to make plan's for upgrades.

I am not sure why they aren't showing up, here is the link if you want to see pics though. http://imgur.com/a/SX5x8

LgJFpGU

lkMYDvy

SoLEFYM

Last edited:

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
Sweet ride, congrats. I'd ditch those 1/4 window scoops, jmo and carefully try to take those fake hood pins off. My car had real hood pins when I bought her and I hated them. I got lucky and found a hood without hood pins in my color and sold my original one with the pins.

Users who are viewing this thread