Recently Completed Twin Turbo Cobra!

badblacklx

Established Member
Little back story: Finally backed her out of garage not long ago from a 2 year build. I owned this car around 2008 and sold it with a 3.4 whipple crusher on it. I kicked myself until around 2013 for selling the car (since it was such a low mile very clean car) and decided to track it down and try to get it back. I purchased the car with a broken t56 and a eaton on it ,but I didn't care I just wanted the ole girl back lol. So I started the build by snatching the t56 and installing a built 4R with Lentech auto vb with transbrake (I wanted to try this setup as all my other builds used a manual vb) controlled by a bauminator controller and stock shifter. Then decided to push the stockish longblock as far as I could with a set of 6266 gen 2 precision turbos with a CG fab hotside. When I have the professional pics done by my friend I will post a full build thread and more in depth details and some track vids. Just wanted to share what little I have for now :beer:
Not sure why pics are cutoff on side
1096C53A-F52D-4285-A361-DD99A7E983DE_zpsxkb4w5d3.jpg

77EBB9C5-8134-49F1-84D8-40547F827700_zps4x10nore.jpg

25B7A409-62A3-4B07-9077-28ECE5AD4B46_zpsqyhcqrzy.jpg

94slowbra1

Established Member
i remember this car. i believe you tried to trade me when i was selling my 94 turbo cobra. anyway, glad you got it back and its the way you want it.

badblacklx

Established Member
nice nice. twin turbo auto ( 4r) is the best setup. car looks great man
Thanks! I agree I loved my last twin turbo aod setup and look forward to this one!
very nice! Looking forward to reading up on all the details and seeing the pics.
Thanks!
Your car will become a rocket ship. Be ready to hang on!
I hope so! Will make all the hours worth it.
i remember this car. i believe you tried to trade me when i was selling my 94 turbo cobra. anyway, glad you got it back and its the way you want it.
I may have I forgot all about that!
Gorgeous...can't wait to see more pics and some Dyno numbers!
You and me both man! Haha
:beer:
sick build and cool that your were able to track it back down and get it!
I agree I was really happy I found it! Especially still only have 27k miles on it!
Great looking build man! Turbos are to big though
Thanks! I tend to agree slightly but with my plans I will be able to push them pretty hard in the future. I plan to run around 30lbs on e85 on this setup then go with a pretty aggressive engine setup next year.

Looks killer!!!!!! Can't wait for videos.
Thanks! I'm ready for vids also lol.

Good lord this think is gorgeous! lol
:beer:

Cool Build! Is that a SBTB on the 99-01 Upper?
No sir it is the dual blade accufab I'm not a fan of sbtb.
Super clean inside and out.

I'm looking forward to your running post, hopefully with video.
Will have them as soon as I can I am going to finish the exhaust in a week or so (3" aluminum from downpipes to magnaflow 3" sra exhaust) then off to get her dialed in a little better.

badblacklx

Established Member
Great build! I'm also doing the same to my rear rims? What was the damage on those bad boys?

Man honestly I don't remember been a while. I ordered them from my friend Scott McNeil at Speed Productions.
Hope to be purchasing some 17" polished alumastars from him soon

Users who are viewing this thread