Recent promotion at work leads to mandatory new car purchase.

shanezt

corn fed
Established Member
Alright maybe not mandatory, but I am not taking chances on hurting my future career advancements. Anyway I have worked as a Dodge tech since 2003, worked at my current dealer since 2008. I used to drive Dodge products years ago (had 2 srt-4's and one srt-8) but had swore i would not own one again. Poor build quality, BORING, and slow. So since about 2007 it has been Ford or Nissan vehicles for me. Fast forward to late last year and I am promoted to management, (yay no more turning wrenches) and now talk with the Chrysler rep on a weekly basis. Now knowing how dealers work, and knowing how much it bothers my bosses that i drive Fords, I made the choice to support the brand that provides for my family. So i tell them i am trading in my 2015 Ecoboost Mustang. First car i take home is a 6spd R/T Challenger, GUTLESS, slower than my 4cyl turd. Next I take home a 6spd 392 Challenger, not as gutless, not fast, but just bored me to death. So now i am out of ideas on what to buy, as i dont want something that will bore me to death. Then it hit me and i placed my order for this guy. Crappy cell phone pic the day it arrived

cat.JPG

16 Hellcat no options except the carbon fiber stripes. Not as big an upgrade as you would think. the mustang was just as nice inside, had a better stereo, and felt more solid. Oh well, now i have more room for my kids and the real reason i bought it is cause of the damn powertrain anyway. First mod will be a 1pc driveshaft then drag tires. Heres to hoping this car lasts me a lifetime!

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
The fact that you have been working on Dodges since 2003 and just now, almost against your will, finally purchased your first one tells me everything I need to know about Dodge as a brand.

Sirraf

Established Member
The fact that you have been working on Dodges since 2003 and just now, almost against your will, finally purchased your first one tells me everything I need to know about Dodge as a brand.

I lol'd

F8L BYT

Established Member

Hahahahahahahahahaha

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I used to drive Dodge products years ago (had 2 srt-4's and one srt-8) but had swore i would not own one again.
:??: Yes I had to be that guy, still LOL’d though :lol1:

Anyways, congrats OP, I actually really love the new Chargers, that front with the LED’s look sweet. Never been a fan of Dodge’s quality, even Chrysler’s interior IMO looks plain. Any more pics? How’s the ride quality?

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
if you were bored with a 6-spd 392 challenger, this might get boring too (assuming an auto). but on the other hand. you will win the quarter mile or stoplight contest against just about any car out there in your 4 door sedan.

nickf2005

Established Member
I'm all about personal choice and doing what you have to in order to provide for your family... But why work for a company (especially for as long as you have) that you have very little faith in? Now, being in management, you hold even higher vested interest in a business that makes a sub-par product in your own opinion.

Regardless, I hope you drive the dog turds out of it. It'd be nice to jump in a 700HP 4-door.

oldmodman

Established Member
Simple solution.

But Hellcat. Sell it for profit. Do it again.

You are driving a company product. And you are making a little extra cash on the side.

jfsram

Established Member
I'm all about personal choice and doing what you have to in order to provide for your family... But why work for a company (especially for as long as you have) that you have very little faith in? Now, being in management, you hold even higher vested interest in a business that makes a sub-par product in your own opinion.

Regardless, I hope you drive the dog turds out of it. It'd be nice to jump in a 700HP 4-door.

You think every person should have faith in the company they work for? I doubt every McDonals's employee believes their burgers are the best. I'm sure every Walmart employee knows you can buy higher quality product elsewhere. Do you quite your job at Shell because Exxon has a better points program?

Dodge products may not be the longest lasting but they do often have the best pricing. The fact is we don't always buy cars based on this one particular feature. Just on this site alone I'm sure speed and power trump any life expectancy and price.

Last edited:

o2gt

Established Member
You think every person should have faith in the company they work for? I doubt every McDonals's employee believes their burgers are the best. I'm sure every Walmart employee knows you can buy higher quality product elsewhere. Do you quite your job at Shell because Exxon has a better points program?

Dodge products may not be the longest lasting but they do often have the best pricing. The fact is we don't always buy cars based on this one particular feature. Just on this site alone I'm sure speed and power trump any life expectancy and price.

I don't think any of those examples are very relevant. when comparing someone in the car industry. I don't care if the 16 year old does not like the taste of the burger their selling me for $2. I also don't worry If the guy at walmart has some reservations about the light bulbs and dog food he is scanning at the cash register. I would worry if someone who was been affiliated with a car company for over a decade does not think their cars are worth a damn when Im about to spend the next five years paying for it.

Nice hellcat. Im sure its going to provide some fun.

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
This sounds like the most reluctant Hellcat purchase in history. lol. Congrats on the new ride man, I hope you're happy with it. Perhaps you'll change your tune when you're making 900 HP with bolt ons.

Users who are viewing this thread