RECARO SEAT owners chime in.

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
I'd like to know if anybody else's Recaro's had the leather material on the front of the seat bottom cover unattached? I noticed this a couple times and never thought anything of it, it still looked right but I could feel a plastic clip that runs almost lengthwise of the front seat bottom not being attached. I tried to clip it while driving a few times to the metal plate that runs across the front seat foam with no luck. Well, I finally pulled the seats out and was able to attach that clip to the think metal piece that is there and it's perfect. Doesn't look or fit any different, unless your looking from the front of the seat where under your knees rest, (spider or mouse maybe lol), but my OCD is cured.

Last edited:

RockChalk

Established Member
My understanding is that the Recaro seats are manual only? Not electrically adjusted, heated, etc.? I have the standard seats with the red stripes. They are the heated seat. i like them a lot.

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
My understanding is that the Recaro seats are manual only? Not electrically adjusted, heated, etc.? I have the standard seats with the red stripes. They are the heated seat. i like them a lot.
Yes, Recaro's are manual.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
I'd like to know if anybody else's Recaro's had the leather material on the front of the seat unattached? I noticed this a couple times and never thought anything of it, it still looked right but I could feel a plastic clip that runs almost lengthwise of the front seat bottom not being attached. I tried to clip it while driving a few times to the metal plate that runs across the front seat foam with no luck. Well, I finally pulled the seats out and was able to attach that clip to the think metal piece that is there and it's perfect. Doesn't look or fit any different, unless your looking from the front of the seat where under your knees rest, (spider or mouse maybe lol), but my OCD is cured.
No problems with mine. I just finished detailing and didn't notice anything like this.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I've had no issues with mine after 7+ years..
Breakfast-run-10-22-2013-006.jpg

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
Let me be more clear, it is the seat bottom. My description was kind of vague and a picture would be better but the front seat bottom, front where the bend of your legs are, if you reach your hand under seat, is material hanging? That would be a better explanation.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
One of my seats has a random clip hanging from the bottom of the REAR of a seat.

No material is separating though. If I wasn’t lazy I’d crawl around a little more to investigate, but it sounds like it’s 0% related to what you’re describing.

(Also, very jealous of everyone with colored stripes)

Users who are viewing this thread