Recall Notice 14S17

svt 500

Established Member
Who has received their letter about the recall concerning the wiring harness?

FordService

Official Ford Service Rep
Established Member
Who has received their letter about the recall concerning the wiring harness?
I haven't gotten a hard copy but it shows up on syncmyride that a recall needs to be done.
The letters should start arriving now, guys. You can also check for recalls on your vehicle here. If your vehicle is part of any recall, be sure to make an appointment with your dealer a soon as possible.

Deysha

TRBO VNM

Not sure if I will get it done. Got mine yesterday.

Do we know if this is just the splice or is it replacing the whole harness? When this was a TSB, I had a couple symptoms with surging idle every now and then, but never a stall and never tripped a code. And since I have installed the DP and "stage 3" tune, it is even better. Rarely do I even had a surging idle.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member

Do we know if this is just the splice or is it replacing the whole harness? When this was a TSB, I had a couple symptoms with surging idle every now and then, but never a stall and never tripped a code. And since I have installed the DP and "stage 3" tune, it is even better. Rarely do I even had a surging idle.

I would assume as a recall it would be a new harness

13 RaceRed 5.0

Established Member
Unfortunately, for me this recall comes a year too late. I had a new 13 ST and was plagued with stalling issues the dealer couldn't fix.

The good part is that it led me to a great deal on a 13 GT, though I must say the ST was fun to drive (when it ran).

TRBO VNM

Yeah screw that. My car isn't having the issues and no way I let ford hack up the harness. I would do it myself if it needed it.

If anything I would confirm a replacement harness has the added length in it without the splice and buy that.

FordService

Established Member

I would assume as a recall it would be a new harness
I would hope, but the notice doesn't say unless I missed it.

FordService....do you know? Is this a new harness or just the splices like the TSB?
Hi guys,

As per the recall notice:

What will Ford and
your dealer do?
Ford Motor Company has authorized your dealer to repair the engine wiring
harness free of charge (parts and labor).

I don’t see where they will replace the harness. Please speak to your Ford Dealer for more info.

Deysha

TRBO VNM

Hi guys,

What will Ford and
your dealer do?

I don’t see where they will replace the harness. Please speak to your Ford Dealer for more info.

Deysha

Yeah, screw that. If I ever have a problem I will look into replacing the harness myself.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Hi guys,

What will Ford and
your dealer do?

Deysha

Desha Is it possible to get the exact information on the recall to 100% find out if the recall is patch work or of they actually replace the harness with new that fixes that issue. I would appreciate it if you could get that info for all of us. I know most guys are not comfortable including myself with patch work as it normally cause issues when it goes out side of its normal warranty period.

Thank you

FordService

Established Member
Desha Is it possible to get the exact information on the recall to 100% find out if the recall is patch work or of they actually replace the harness with new that fixes that issue. I would appreciate it if you could get that info for all of us. I know most guys are not comfortable including myself with patch work as it normally cause issues when it goes out side of its normal warranty period.

Thank you
My post above has the correct info directly from the recall notice sent to you guys, me32. As for the parts, service hours, and procedure, it’s only available to your dealer.

Deysha

Last edited:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member

Thank you

They cut the problem splices and re-solder the joints. The full instructional PDF is up on http://www.focusst.org/forum somewhere.

TRBO VNM

It is a safety recall, TRBO VNM. I recommend you bring it in and get it taken care of as soon as possible.

Deysha

It's a safety recall because some cars experience stalling. Mine hasn't once experienced this.

Also, part of the tsb when that came out was tripping codes. Mine hasn't done this either.

In addition, this is only when coming to a stop. Not when cruising around or even WOT. I know how to start a car if it stalls when rolling or coming to a stop. I am not worried about it for me or others on the road. My rpm's rarely even fluctuate and when they have, the car never was close to stalling.

Like I said, I will look into replacing the harness. I would rather splice my harness myself instead of the dealer. I think I am pretty capable of doing that. I appreciate your concern though.

FordService

Established Member
It's a safety recall because some cars experience stalling. Mine hasn't once experienced this.

Also, part of the tsb when that came out was tripping codes. Mine hasn't done this either.

In addition, this is only when coming to a stop. Not when cruising around or even WOT. I know how to start a car if it stalls when rolling or coming to a stop. I am not worried about it for me or others on the road. My rpm's rarely even fluctuate and when they have, the car never was close to stalling.

Like I said, I will look into replacing the harness. I would rather splice my harness myself instead of the dealer. I think I am pretty capable of doing that. I appreciate your concern though.
This is to prevent it from happening, TRBO VNM. However, I understand where you’re coming from. :)

Deysha

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
They cut the problem splices and re-solder the joints. The full instructional PDF is up on http://www.focusst.org/forum somewhere.

Assuming the tech you get knows how to solder, and you don't end up with cold joint that is. Mine has been problem free also, I'm thinking I may also skip this one for the same reasons Jason posted. I do need to get mine in for the engine mount TSB though. Then have them drive it next door to get the deer strike damage fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread