Reasons for 'lazy' lambda recovery?

hmwave

Established Member
Daily driver 2003 vert with typical mods since around 20K miles, 2.8 pulley, K&N Air Charger, BA 2400 MAF, NGK Iridiums, WeaponX COPs, RWTD tune, Bassani catback with stainless cats, LM-1 wideband in driver side pipe welded in bung.
Coming up on 58K miles, never been tracked, owned since original delivery, well serviced by me with Mobil 1 5W-30, never been thrashed.

Car knowingly ran for the last year on a rich non-Adaptive tune. Tune is now adaptive and optimized by RWTD.
Rear O2's are off in tune, front O2's are OEM, probably around 40K miles by now, same for the Cats which have very few 'purple' areas.
Plugs need replaced as they are probably well over 10K miles by now.

Over the past few months I've noticed just after rolling to a stop (e.g. red light) and engine is idling the AFR hovers ~12 for maybe five seconds then slowly recovers to 14.7 taking as long as 30 seconds to do so.
Motor seems healthy though sometmes stumbles a little on light load.

Thoughts on root cause?

I'm thinking maybe I've killed the front O2's and/or Cats with the rich tune over that year. Maybe it's the LM-1 sensor.

I have new OEM O2's, LM-1 O2, plugs I will fit soon.

Other possibilities?

hmwave

Established Member
How many miles on the w/b sensor?I`d start by changing that.

Probably 30K. Thing is the WB shows 14.7 on the dot when off-boost and at idle.

When I change the front O2's this weekend I'll also fit the new, unused LM-1 sensor I bought a few years as a spare.

Users who are viewing this thread