reason # 720385620 why Florida sucks !!!!!

D-Cobra

Established Member
just went and got my car dyno tuned today, and the best numbers it laid down was 467 rwhp and 476 torque. :(

and that is with 23 degrees timing, and A/F ratio of 12.

it was like 90+ degrees outside and so freaking humid, it felt like i was walking around in a sauna room. :fm:

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
Try Phoenix during July and August. Monsoon season. Not only is it humid (for us anyway) but it's 112 too! Believe me...112 with 45% humidity makes for one miserable running vehicle...and one miserable owner if he's working on it without an air conditioned shop.

Ahhh! But then there's the winter...when it's in the 70's with no humidity!!

carstocks

Established Member
Yeah, well when it 15 degrees here and your IRS hops all over while Potholes litter the streets. at the same time 15 inches of snow is on the ground...Then whine about being in Florida!!

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Everyone's a complainer. LOL! At least you're driving that sweet looking Screaming Yellow coupe on those nice flat Florida roads. It ain't all THAT bad! :)

kingcobra8541

The Dude
Established Member
Whats up D Cobra? I met you a few months ago at the dyno shootout at Blacks.( I had the other Zinc 03) Is your set up still the same or was it just a better day this time?

D-Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Boosted 03
Where did you dyno?

at Jake Lamotta¡¦s shop.

Originally posted by CobraBob
Everyone's a complainer. LOL! At least you're driving that sweet looking Screaming Yellow coupe on those nice flat Florida roads. It ain't all THAT bad! :)

yea, you¡¦re right bob. I guess I¡¦ll just tune it again during winter. Since I now have a multi-program flip chip, I can have a few more tunes. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by mellow yellow
WHAT PART OF ORLANDO DO YOU LIVE?

I live in south Orlando, but I drive up to longwood for the work and tune.

Originally posted by kingcobra8541
Whats up D Cobra? I met you a few months ago at the dyno shootout at Blacks.( I had the other Zinc 03) Is your set up still the same or was it just a better day this time?

oh hey whats up, i remember you and your car. :) how are you doing? yea, the set up is still the same, i just want a more aggresive tune for the car.

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
Originally posted by carstocks
Yeah, well when it 15 degrees here and your IRS hops all over and Potholes littler the streets. at the same time 15 inches of snow is on the ground...Then whine about being in Florida!!

LOL I hear that. For the next six months, I forget what its like to get on it in first and second.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I cant wait for the cool air to show up. My car is going to be insane then. Besides the heat and humidity depriving our cars for power down here theres no other place I would want to live. Drink Florida Orange Juice!!!LOL BLACK03

mustangsally50

She Bites
Established Member
I didn't know Jake got a new dyno?? I guess I need to get down there for a check on my rwhp!!

Here are 3 big reason's Florida sucks...... Charley, Frances, and Ivan. :shrug:

.........however, the winters ARE nice!

Silver 03 Cobra

Your car will make virtually the same numbers on a cold day on a Dynojet because they are corrected. If it is cold enough, the corrected numbers will be lower than the actual numbers. On the street, then the real numbers matter. But, for dyno numbers, the corrected numbers are what counts.

KiLLaBytE

Established Member
i feel ya man. the heat/humidity is a HORRIBLE weather combination here. and it's ALWAYS like that.

i don't mind the heat as much as i do the humidity. :fm:

Users who are viewing this thread