Rearview mirror help (2003 cobra vert) Looking for home-link with lights

Arboc13

Established Member
Does anyone know if can swap out my rearview mirror for another ford mirror with the home-link feature? I found a couple on ebay ect. but none of them have the lights (dome light) built into the mirror since I have a vert. Any help would be greatly appreciated

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member

Arboc13

Established Member
IF someone steals the car and knows your address couldn't they rob your house as well?

I don't think it would be any different than a garage door opener.

I keep both clickers in my car right now (Gate and Garage) so having the home link feature is not any different. What I am trying to accomplish is not having to dig around the center console to find them when I get home.

Does anyone know if an F-150 mirror would work? I found this one on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-FORD-F-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e8cc116d8&vxp=mtr

If it is the same mounting how hard would it be to wire up the compass and outside temp?

Tractionless1

Established Member
I don't think it would be any different than a garage door opener.

No unless you don't keep the garage door opener in the car. For example leave the car in your driveway and that's easy pickins. Or leave it parked at an airport for example and you can take the garage door opener with you which you cannot do with Homelink. If I can't see my car from where I'm at (no matter what I drive) I take the garage door opener with me and NEVER leave it in a car in the driveway.

Arboc13

Established Member
No unless you don't keep the garage door opener in the car. For example leave the car in your driveway and that's easy pickins. Or leave it parked at an airport for example and you can take the garage door opener with you which you cannot do with Homelink. If I can't see my car from where I'm at (no matter what I drive) I take the garage door opener with me and NEVER leave it in a car in the driveway.

I park my cobra in the garage at night, as for when I am at work or driving around town I do not take my clickers with me... I guess I am "easy pickens". I appreciate your concern and you do make a valid point but I would like to bring this thread back on topic. The home link mirror is a feature I would like to add to my cobra as for outside temp and compass... if I can get it to work, great but not to worried about those features.

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
I keep both clickers in my car right now (Gate and Garage) so having the home link feature is not any different. What I am trying to accomplish is not having to dig around the center console to find them when I get home.

Does anyone know if an F-150 mirror would work? I found this one on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-FORD-F-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e8cc116d8&vxp=mtr

If it is the same mounting how hard would it be to wire up the compass and outside temp?

If they send you the factory harness to that mirror you can make the homelink and most likely the compass work. But doubt you get the temperature portion to work without the factory temp sensor as well. I gave you advice above on what would be best to add Homelink to the car and maintain map lights.

Arboc13

Established Member
If they send you the factory harness to that mirror you can make the homelink and most likely the compass work. But doubt you get the temperature portion to work without the factory temp sensor as well. I gave you advice above on what would be best to add Homelink to the car and maintain map lights.

Thank you, was trying to go with another ford part but the more I have researched the gentex mirrors I def. like what I see. Probably pull the trigger after this weekend. I appreciate the help.

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member

Tractionless1

Established Member
I park my cobra in the garage at night, as for when I am at work or driving around town I do not take my clickers with me... I guess I am "easy pickens". I appreciate your concern and you do make a valid point but I would like to bring this thread back on topic. The home link mirror is a feature I would like to add to my cobra as for outside temp and compass... if I can get it to work, great but not to worried about those features.

I'm in S. Fla., the land of opportunists and gotta think of every ave. these scumbags will use to separate you from your hard earned assets. Cobra's get stolen out of locked garages down here almost monthly.

Users who are viewing this thread