Rear sway bar problem

Black Sex

Established Member
I recently purchased some 15x10 SVE wheels and Steeda sway bar relocation brackets. After installation I noticed my sway bar now hits my FRPP LCA relocation brackets. It looks like the sway bar had already rubbed on the LCA brackets a time or two. But now I can't even get the sway bar clamshell close enough to the new brackets to get the bolts started. I could probably pry it up there but I think eventually one of them will cause damage to the other from rubbing.
Any of you guys have this problem? Suggested solutions?

Last edited:

BMR Tech

You may have to grind some parts, or just swap to a different LCA bracket.

These occurrences are why I am a proponent of people sticking with a single company for their batch of suspension pieces.

If you want to chat about it, shoot me a call next week. I have some ideas for ya.

Last edited:

MADRUSSIAN

GET FAST OR DIE TRYING!
Established Member
I got same issue! I can't even fit my stock sway bar back in. I got che lca relocation brackets, and since I switched to 15" drag wheel, I have to run sway bar relocation brackets as well. Is there a dedicated sway bar for that? ?? Something less than $400

Black Sex

Established Member
My LCA relo brackets have not been welded in yet so changing those is an option but not exactly one I want to do.
I seen Whiteline makes a narrowed swaybar that mounts to the axle tubes instead of the shock mount.
I'm going to take the car to work and put it on the hoist to get a better look standing upright before I make a permanent decision.

BMR Tech

Well, you also have the option of running the best LCA Relocation brackets for the S197 (ours) - that are engineered to provide clearance in the area that you guys are having issues.

Finding / changing to a sway bar that will enable the parts to work, is going to be a serious lack of ROI, in comparison to simply selling the brackets you have and running a bracket that will work.

That said, I can fully understand not wanting to swap parts, after purchasing them. It's a shame not every set of brackets provides clearance for people looking to put the bracket to "use"

On that note, we are also about to release a unique to the market rear sway bar....that will work with ALL relo brackets, and be a great option for drag and road course use. I'd still rather see a swap to a better set of LCA brackets, though.

Black Sex

Established Member
Well, you also have the option of running the best LCA Relocation brackets for the S197 (ours) - that are engineered to provide clearance in the area that you guys are having issues.

Finding / changing to a sway bar that will enable the parts to work, is going to be a serious lack of ROI, in comparison to simply selling the brackets you have and running a bracket that will work.

That said, I can fully understand not wanting to swap parts, after purchasing them. It's a shame not every set of brackets provides clearance for people looking to put the bracket to "use"

On that note, we are also about to release a unique to the market rear sway bar....that will work with ALL relo brackets, and be a great option for drag and road course use. I'd still rather see a swap to a better set of LCA brackets, though.

I can tell you that I wont be buying a whiteline product. I just thought it was neat how it mounted.
I went with the FRPP brackets because I had a gift certificate and they look pretty beefy. They just don't jive well with other relocation brackets. If the sway bar was a little narrower or curved differently, it would be fine.
Any killer, smoking deals on some BMR brackets? Any more info on your new sway bar?

Last edited:

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Not that I know of, but BMR came out with a really nice rear bar that works with their relocation bracket. My OEM bar hit on my watts link when I had the rear wheels off the ground, but the BMR rear bar has excellent clearance for it.

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
20160110_164200_zpsrbvn9slx.gif

Anyone with a BMR sway bar care to get a measurement from line to line?

Sorry about small pic.

Last edited:

Black Sex

Established Member
I cured my issue by removing the FRPP relocation brackets and replacing them with BMR. When the funds allow I will add a BMR rear sway bar too

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
Thanks for the pick Snoop. Below is the dimension I'm interested in. I also think the installation of a one piece driveshaft might also contribute to clearance issues with sway bar and LCA relocation brackets. The reason I'm thinking this is because the rear pinion angle has to be lowered and moves the LCA brackets to the rear.

BMR%20Rear%20Sway%20Bar%20help_zpsvrryqxqq.gif

Damn it! Copied the same pic and added the lines. WTF?

Last edited:

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I have no clearance issues with my one-piece driveshaft and BMR UCA, LCAs and relocation brackets.

Users who are viewing this thread