Rear spoiler and side scoop removal

Phil04Cobra

Aluminator Cobra
Established Member
I am removing both bumper covers , side skirts , side scoops and rear spoiler to get them painted . I was wondering what I have to do to get the rear spoiler and side skirts off ? I hear that you just pull the side scoops off by hand ? I took all the nuts off the spoiler and it still wont budge . Is it held on with 3M as well ? Any tips to getting them off would be greatly appreciated !! Thanks .

03' White Snake

Established Member
Side skirts come off easy.

Take the screws out at all wheel wells. 1 per wheel well. Then open the doors, the little black trim pulls up. Be careful not to break the little tabs on the skirts. Then remove all the push button clips that hold the skirts to the rocker. There are 2 hidden under the car for the little piece of the skirt. Then carefully pull the skirt from the car. There are 2 clips on the small piece and 2 clips on the larger rear piece right by the rear tire.

Then you can separate the small piece of skirt from the long piece off the car. You can separate the small one while on the car but I always feel its easier afterwards.

I do not know about the spoiler or side scoops. The bumpers are just bolts and push clips on the bottom side.

Phil04Cobra

Aluminator Cobra
Established Member
Side skirts come off easy.

Take the screws out at all wheel wells. 1 per wheel well. Then open the doors, the little black trim pulls up. Be careful not to break the little tabs on the skirts. Then remove all the push button clips that hold the skirts to the rocker. There are 2 hidden under the car for the little piece of the skirt. Then carefully pull the skirt from the car. There are 2 clips on the small piece and 2 clips on the larger rear piece right by the rear tire.

Then you can separate the small piece of skirt from the long piece off the car. You can separate the small one while on the car but I always feel its easier afterwards.

I do not know about the spoiler or side scoops. The bumpers are just bolts and push clips on the bottom side.

Thanks . I already have the front bumper cover off and I figured the side skirts would be easy as well . The side scoops just pull off , they are clipped on . I might take the interior panels off to see if I can get to the clips to push them out rather than pulling them off and damaging them. I think the spoiler is 3m tapped to the deck lid . I read that a heat gun and some fishing line is the way to get it off . I'm not sure though . I don't imagine there are a lot of guys taking their spoilers off . That's my main concern as I think I can handle the rest no problem . Anyone remove theirs ?

big dad

Established Member
When I took my rear spoiler off it had 2 push in clips at the bottom above the license plate or just below the third brake light. The trick is to pull up on the spoiler while pulling back at the same time. When you get it off you'll see what I mean, it's kind of a bitch especially when you have to reinstall it. Just take your time and be patient.

Phil04Cobra

Aluminator Cobra
Established Member
When I took my rear spoiler off it had 2 push in clips at the bottom above the license plate or just below the third brake light. The trick is to pull up on the spoiler while pulling back at the same time. When you get it off you'll see what I mean, it's kind of a bitch especially when you have to reinstall it. Just take your time and be patient.

Ok . Thanks man . So there is no 3M tape holding it on at all ? I was pulling on it quite hard and it don't want to move at all . I am scared to death that I will damage it and end up having to spend 600 bucks on a new one . haha

big dad

Established Member
That tape that you refer too was sticking out on mine so I removed the spoiler to reposition it. It is used I believe to act as a seal.

Phil04Cobra

Aluminator Cobra
Established Member
I finally got it off . For future reference , there are 5 nuts and 2 bolts that have to be removed. 2 nuts are behind rubber grommets on each side of the trunk deck and the rest are visible . After they are all removed it's a piece of cake .

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread